Archive 2012

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

Archive 2012
Jawbone Member
nassosc
0 Kudos

jambox static (and airplay)

hi,

im trying to listen to music through my iphone 4 and jambox.

have paired the device but when the ipod connects via bluetooth with the jambox i only set static noise. Is it an airplay compatibility issue?

when i press play the on/off switch blinks white.

on the iphone screen i get a paired icon and a battery status display.

both devices work great when on a wired connection.

thank you for your suggestions...

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Re: jambox static (and airplay)

Thanks so much for this post!

We'd love to speak with you directly about this issue.  Please call 1-800-JAWBONE and ask to speak with Mason.  I've made him aware of your feedback.

Thanks again!  We look forward to hearing from you.

Jawbone Member
nassosc
0 Kudos

cant cal 1-800 numbers from abroad. if you want give me another number or give me an email where i can send you my number. thank you.
Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know you're not in the U.S.!

Our International website can be found here!

Jawbone Member
nassosc
0 Kudos

I know about the eu site but there is no forum there, and the faq has no solution. And the fact that the speaker does not work doesnt make a difference on where im located. Do you have a solution? Can you forward this issue to the EU tech support? Thank you
Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

I'll be happy to forward your account to our EU team.

If you click on the link I provided about and then select "SUPPORT" you can also access the "CONTACT US" page.

Thanks!

Jawbone Member
shane
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.

When I first connected the Jambox via Bluetooth, the device worked fine.  Then, the Jambox started telling me I needed to plug it in to charge the battery.  However, when I pushed the "talk" button, the voice said the battery was about half full.  I charged it anyway.  Now, all I hear is static and it only works when connected by wire.  I've tried an iPhone and a Mac, both show connected, but the Jambox only plays static.

Dows anyone know how to reinstall the firmware?

Jawbone Member
robodean
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issues.

Worked fine out of the box. Charged it fully and then updated it via a MAC and now nothing but static.

Extremely disappointed for such an expensive product.

It would appear from another thread this may be related to using the updater on a MAC...which is amusing since I bought it an Apple Store...

It is now a 200$ paperweight.

Jawbone Member
MartinC
0 Kudos

Hello.  Just to add to this thread about my experience.

Bought the Jambox as soon as it was available at the Apple Store last December.  It arrived and it was great - working out of the box.  After the first connection to my Macbook Air (which worked fine), i started having issues reconnecting and using the Jambox on my MBA - there would be a connection to Bluetooth but no more sound being output.  I deleted the pairing on both the Jambox and the MBA several time and the pairing was done successfully everytime but i could not output to the MBA speakers whatever i tried.  At this point, i could still output to my Iphone 4 fine.  

After a few weeks of using the Ipnoe 4 and Jambox, it started hissing and would not output anymore through Airplay.   Connecting directly using the supplied cable worked fine.  

At that point, i started researching on these forums and noticed that i could try and reset the unit and i could also use the advanced settings to delete any pairings to the jambox.  I deleted the pairings on the Jambox and tried a reset.  Nothing worked to stop the static and no sound was being output to the Iphone no matter what happened.  I did notice that when i had the devices paired, when i shut down the Jambox (while trying to play songs on the Iphone) the static would be loud and for a brief fraction of a second while it was doing its "Shirp" shutting down i could briefly hear the song i was trying to play. 

After trying to do all this myself i decided to call Aliph support and they were very helpful in guiding me in re-doing all of the trouble-shooting steps.  After all was said and done, they decided to send me a replacement Unit.  

I stopped using the Jambox for about 2 weeks and then decided to try it again......and everything worked fine again.  I did absolutely nothing to the unit...it just started working again with my iphone.  

I finally received my replacement unit yesterday and it is doing the same thing.  It will pair fine with the Iphone 4 but is hissing like crazy and absolutely no sound is output.  

I read in another thread here that the problem might be with the updater on a mac (so i tried the updater on a PC on the new replacement unit and updated the firmware on a PC...still no love - only static.  In the other thread they say "Going to a PC and restoring Jambox fixed the problem. The original error occurred on Mac (OS 10.6, chrome)".  What does "Restoring" mean exactly.  What is the procedure to restore the original firmware on a Jambox...?  Once the new firmware has been applied, there doesnt seem to be any way to re-flash the unit through the software?

So i am here.. with a previously broken Jambox that is working again and a new replacement unit that is broken.  

I am debating what i should do at this point.  

Jawbone Member
MartinC
0 Kudos

Quick follow up:

My replacement unit just started working out of the blue.  Yesterday no-go.  

Now both my original and replacement units are working as intended.  Weird.