BIG JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

BIG JAMBOX
Jawbone Newbie
whisperedvoices
0 Kudos

BIG Jambox bluetooth to PC connection

I'm having trouble connecting my BIG JAMBOX to my Windows 7 64-bit PC through bluetooth.  It doesn't show up at all.  I am able to connect my wireless keyboard and mouse to my computer through bluetooth.  I am also able to connect the jambox to my iPhone with no problem.  I need help connecting the jambox wirelessly to my computer.  I have seen the FAQ to do this, but it is doesn't have the same setup for my computer.  Can anyone help?

--Maria

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Re: BIG Jambox bluetooth to PC connection

Hi whisperedvoices,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your BIG JAMBOX to your Windows 7 64-bit PC! Please give Customer Support a call at 1800-Jawbone, 6am-7pm PST.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Newbie
skit
0 Kudos

Having the same problem. Any solutions?

Jawbone Newbie
lesflys
0 Kudos

I am on my second Big Jambox. I to was having connections issues. Now after wasting numerous hours, I find out from tech support that other Bluetooth devices will cause these problems. There are no warnings in the Big Jambox instruction material that warns a user.

I have a Panasonic home phone system that can get a connection from my mobile phone via Bluetooth. Also for my notebook computer a Logitech Bluetooth mouse. I had the Bib JB paired with my laptop & my mobile phone.

They told me delete the Panasonic from my mobile. Then I had to delete the Big JB from my devices on my notebook. So the only way I can BT to the Big JB is from my phone.

I figured this out when I had just got off the phone with Level 2 tech suppport & I clicked my BT mouse & the big JB went silent. Now it appears I have to get & new mouse from Logitech that uses the Mini Receiver as if I want use my computer to BT to the box it won't work. I am starting to think all this is not worth it. Jawbone it appears to me fails to tell consumers the downside of trying to use BT for this purpose. I also check with Logitech who has BT speaker & it appears they all have the same BT issue. Further I cannot use my mobile phone with my Panasonic home phone system because I was told by Jawbone to remove the pairing from my mobile.

Jawbone Newbie
Jakejd
0 Kudos

no matter what I try I can't get my big Jambox to work properly with the blue tooth connection on my PC.(HP pavillion, windows 7) I have spoken to tech support many times. They finally told me to take it back as they thought there was something wrong with the unit. I brought home a new unit, and am having the same problems. I called tech support again, and they told me to contact HP. I did that, HP sent me a link to make sure that my blue tooth driver was up to date, so I updated it and the Big Jambox still does not work properly. Volome control doesn't work, and the sound that does come thru is weak. Does anybody out there have a solution? I would think there has to be a way to get this issue solved. Thanks for any help

Jawbone Newbie
gbmcleod
0 Kudos

Try installing Jambox. Then, when paired, right click to get to "properties. Make sure in the "services" tab that EVERYTHING (out of the 4 options is checked, EXCEPT "HEADSET."
THEN, go to the sound setting in the control panel. Make sure the Jambox is ON, you will see it in the list of devices. Choose it as the default. It will then pair. My friend has a Windows 7, 64-bit dell and it did the same thing, until I called tech support and the rep said to be sure that it was selected as the default speaker (again, control panel -> sound -> select the jambox (or whichever bluetooth set you see, and select "set default"
Don't try using it the same way in Skype. I found tha trying to set it as the default there caused the Dell webcam dialogue box to come up, and I suspect - but cannot confirm - that it messes up the software fix. it appears that if too many apps that use sound are open at the same time, the Jambox doesn't function. There'll be no sound.
Jawbone Member
Evil_Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

We are having this issue too, not being able to pair with Big JamBox (BJB) via PC. Two of us have been able to get mobile phones to pair and stream via Bluetooth (BT) to the BJB however cannot get PC's to pair.

My partner can pair to the BJB but cannot make the BJB the defult choice for sound as per the various advice on the forum and the Jambox troubleshooting.

I cannot pair at all.

We are both running Windows 7.

Jawbone Newbie
FILCRO
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue.  My Dell M6600 with a Logitec Bluetooth Mouse will not connect to BIG Jambox.   I've tried everything!  I'm hoping at some point JAWBONE will get back to all of us.  This device was sold as working with Bluetooth.  There should be something on the box that say it does not work with in some cases.   This is deceptive. 

Jawbone Newbie
kmccubbin
0 Kudos

I was told directly by Jawbone support that Big Jambox did not pair with Windows 7 computers.