BIG JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

BIG JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
Yoda7th
0 Kudos

Re: Big Jambox not connecting to Windows 8

Confirmed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pxuILyzMqI solution works! Setup on 2 set of Surface RT successfully. Note: You'll also need to manually switch to Jambox in the speaker settings.

Jawbone Newbie
jawbonebutch

[ Edited ]

1. Open the classic Control Panel by typing "Control Panel" at the home screen and clicking the "Control Panel" icon.
2. In the Control Panel navigate to "Hardware and Sound" and then "Devices and Printers".
3. In the "Devices and Printers" window find the " BIG JAMBOX by Jawbone" device.
4. Right click on the device (the equivalent touch gesture is "touch and hold" until the square appears then let go).
5. Select Properties.
6. Select the "Services" tab.
7. Select "Audio Sink", "Handsfree Telephony" and "Remote Control".
8. Click or touch "Apply".  This worked on the small jambox as well.

The speakers should now be working. After enabling these services, it may be necessary to set the BIG JAMBOX as the default playback and recording device.

To set the BIG JAMBOX as the default playback and recording device:

1. Open the classic Control Panel by typing "Control Panel" at the home screen and clicking the "Control Panel" icon.
2. In the Control Panel navigate to "Hardware and Sound" and then click "Sound".
3. On the Playback tab, select the " BIG JAMBOX by Jawbone" device and then click the "Set Default" button.
4. Repeat this step on the "Recording" tab.
5. Click or touch "Apply".

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 465
Solutions: 412

Hi All,

See this support article on Microsoft's website.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2787646

JawboneAlex
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Newbie
Bryan_G

I previously posted my big jambox would not connect after pairing to my surface rt. I have not had time to troubleshoot or watch the video others suggested. I have done all the microsoft updates. I tried again and now it is working. Yea for me!
Jawbone Enthusiast
marcham93
0 Kudos

Thank you!! That worked great Alex!
-Michael Archambault
@Marcham93
Jawbone Newbie
rickdarone
0 Kudos

This solution isn't working for me. I think my problem may be related to having the wrong driver. Can any one with an HP Envy 17 laptop post their Bluetooth drivers. I would like to find out what driver is missing from my computer.

Many thanks.

Jawbone Newbie
aieachef
0 Kudos

Thanks for directing  people to go  to that YouTube site.  I was skeptical after trying numerous suggestions.  I watched the video a few times before actually following his directions.  I couldn't believe it but it did work.  The Big Jambox now works perfectly with my Surface Pro.  I highly recommend people to go to this site and follow all of his steps.  You will not regret it.

Jawbone Newbie
Sprosty
0 Kudos

Once the Jambox is linked to bluetooth follow these steps to get it to connect.

put Jam box in paring mode

open your control panel then

hardware and sound then

devices and printers then

find your Big Jambox and right click on it then

properties

find the services folder 

if all the boxes are not checked check them all and apply

if they are all checked uncheck them and apply then 

recheck them and apply

Jawbone Newbie
Cartin
0 Kudos

I am use a SONY DUO13 ,today I try connect my BigJambox, and above solution all not work,include Microsoft KB. I find a way.

I am use windows 8.1 now,and at 8.0 it works,thats 8.0&8.1 solution for me:

8.0: same as Microsoft site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2787646, first pair,then go to classic control panel,find  BigJambox,select audio services,then it works.

But in windows 8.1,it still not work.

I try this:

Disable driver NTEGRITY_CHECKS,then reinstall factory blutooth driver,and try 8.0 solution.

1, Run cmd as administrator(WIN+X ),you may need disable "secure boot" int bois settings

bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

2, Reinstall computer Blutooth driver。

3、Try microsoft steps

Jawbone Newbie
ponchomagallane
0 Kudos

Hi there, the solution wont work for me, i have a big jawbone and win 8.1, the options "Select "Audio Sink", "Handsfree Telephony" and "Remote Control". were already sellect in here, i tryed to un check, then apply, check again and apply... and it wont work... i doest connect...

what can i do?