Topics: 59
Kudos: 487
Solutions: 411
0 Kudos

Re: How many watts is the big jambox?

[ Edited ]

Hi jasaveli,

Welcome to the forum!

We don't usually share that information since it does not tell the full story, and we focus on delivering sound quality and volume more efficiently than most speaker systems.  This means that sharing a watt/channel number is not the best indicator of how BIG JAMBOX sounds. That being said, it does employ am 18WPC Class D amplifier, but we still strongly suggest going to hear one for yourself.

You can find demos in stores like Apple and Best Buy! We think you will be impressed :smileyhappy:

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Enthusiast
Drnkhobo
0 Kudos

Hmm, I dunno Jawbone. It seems to me like you are dodging a good question here. I would love to have a big jambox however there are NO demo areas in my country. So I have no idea how it sounds until I buy it. Not to mention that I think it's relevant to produce technical specification upon request. Honestly, I don't care if it's 5W, 10W, 15W . . . Whatever, but I would like to know, along with other details. Hopefully your customers are interested in these details and if not, I wouldn't be selling for value . Come on Jawbone, provide the details . . .
Jawbone Member
SiNUS

I dont have any measuring toolkit with me but I can tell you that my living room with approx 35m² is really really well filled with music - lets say it is **Shhh**ING LOUD for it's size!

Jawbone Newbie
matuss

I find this response to be very dissapointing, Jawbone. As a Big Jambox owner myself, I would be very upset if I was given the same response to this good question. Technical specs are a very important part of products like this, don't be like Bose. You are very open about your products' batterylife, weight, and size, so what makes this any different? For any still curious, the information is easily available on the web, but regardless: The Big Jambox has dual 2.2-inch (high/midrange) drivers; dual 2.2-by-3.8-inch passive radiators (for bass), and 18-watt-per-channel digital amps (which should give the Big a total of 36watts). - info from soundandvisionmag.com

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 487
Solutions: 411
0 Kudos

matuss,

We can appreciate that some people want to know the exact wattage of the BIG JAMBOX. However, we truly believe that the specs by themselves do not paint the full picture. In order to really get a feel for the BIG JAMBOX's sound, we encourage everyone to listen for themselves.

Thanks,
JawboneAlex
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Member
pascalholm
0 Kudos

Thats great to know, but those specs alone make it better by far than most any other speakers at that size and package, why would you not give that information when asked? 

Bit scary..

Jawbone Member
Zebak
0 Kudos

Fully agree... I am tempted to go for this speakers as there seems to have a lot of nice features that I am looking for but I dont feel comfortable...

- No specs on Watts / Power

- No IE9 support... (This one I could really not believe) 

- A lot of post with people facing issues with Windows x64

- No informationon Windows 8 / IE10 which is about to be released.

As a Windows user, this really does not give me confidence

Jawbone Newbie
chilrum
0 Kudos

I agree. In fact, I just replied to their lack of candor with this message to customer support:

Wow! How could you not know the watt output of a speaker that you are involved with selling. I know this number is "over-rated" and that speakers rated with a lower watt output can sound louder and better than speakers rated for more watts, but this is a very basic measurement of output.

I tested it at Target and bought the smaller model even though it didn't sound as good as the larger and more expensive model. My guess is that since you don't provide the watt output anywhere on the packaging, or on the web page, or even when a customer writes to specifically ask for that information that Jawbone doesn't want that number to be known.

I do like the product, but I will probably return it for a refund since Jawbone seems to be trying to hide this information. The features are great, so my only problem is with the inflated price and the lack of basic specification information.

I will likely try to search around the web to find this information; if I can find the number of watts the speaker is rated for, and you are interested as well, I can reply again with this information so you will be able to answer this  basic question when another customer asks.

Mike
---------------------------------
Jawbone Newbie
chilrum
0 Kudos

Anyway, I was looking for the watts info for the small Jambox, so my search isn't finished yet. 18 watts sound fairly decent for the larger model, so I don't see why they are trying to hide this information. The only reason I can think is that it doesn't blow away the competition enough to justify the inflated price; what they don't realize is that this number won't even scare away an audiophile, much less a more casual customer.

The reason it is a good product is because of all the features that it offers, in addition to the appealing design.

The main reason I will likely be returning it to Target (even though I bought it when it was on sale) is because of the inflated price tag. However, I would have been a lot more likely to keep it if they had just replied and told me the number, whatever it was--as long as it isn't something like 0.5 watts.

It is one thing to not list it under the product specifications on the box or the web page, but it is kind of insulting to not tell a customer who took the time to send an e-mail to customer service who just wanted to know something very basic.