BIG JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

BIG JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
pkazmercyk
0 Kudos

Ongoing Big Jambox and MacBook Pro Bluetooth Connection Problems

When it works, the BJB is a very nice thing to have. Trouble is getting it work on a consistent basis via Bluetooth with my MacBook Pro. I've tried resetting, re-pairing, restarting, updating via MyTalk, etc., but bottom line: connection success is now probably about 25% of the time. (Running Mac OS 10.8.2 Mountain Lion on McBook Pro)

• Since originally succesfully pairing and using BJB and MacBook Pro on Christmas Day, I've had only intermittent connection success. Sometimes it connects and plays on first try, but more often than not...
  • I need to keep going to Bluetooth > Select as Audio Device and repeatedly selecting BJB from that pull-down menu. This only eventually works sometimes;
  • Sometimes this works: Go to System Prefs > Sound > Output. IF the BJB is connected, I have three options: 1) "BoomDevice", 2) "BJB (Mono, I guess) and 3) "BJB Stereo". The output always defaults to #1. Sometimes, if I select either #2 or #3, the BJB will suddenly start working (often in low audio quality), but more often than not, it jumps back to "BoomDevice".

I really want to make this work, but my frustration level is rising. I'm even willing to go through a step or two to get it to work, but everything I try, if it works at all, doesn't work the next time. Can anyone help? I'd really like to enjoy my holiday gift.

Jawbone Member
cocoonsyd
0 Kudos

Re: Ongoing Big Jambox and MacBook Pro Bluetooth Connection Problems

I have the same problem. Very frustrating. 

Jawbone Member
jrzap
0 Kudos

I have posted similar problem without any answers! I am really sick of this. I have to restart my computer everytime I want to use my brick!!!

Jawbone Member
pkazmercyk
0 Kudos

I finally gave up and returned mine.
Jawbone Newbie
BillWins
0 Kudos

Seems this problem has been an issue for many folks and now I find myself on this forum looking for an answer.  I have a BJB that pairs with my MacBookPro running OS X 10.7.5 but when I try to play any music, it only comes out of my MBP speakers.  There is no option in my audio Output tab for the Jambox but it does show up as paired.  I am able to play music from my iPhone but I bought the device to use from my laptop and it was advertised as being a great way to do this.

JAWBONE, please help!!!

If this is a problem with the Mac, at least post that information so your user base will know where to go for answers.

Jawbone Newbie
jdt1980
0 Kudos

Yes I have this problem as well.  When my macbook goes to sleep I have to re-pair the jambox everytime.  It will freeze half the time with the spinning color wheel of death.  Looking for an answer...

Jawbone Newbie
mlp7878
0 Kudos

I'm having exactly the same problem with the MacBookPro and BJB. Have called-gotten set up and if I turn my mac off, I lose the connection. Recently left my mac on for 2 months and was advised that I had to shut it off occasionally. Did shut it off and now cannect with BJB. I'm so frustrated yet when BJB is working, the sound is fabulous??? Can anyone help me????

Jawbone Newbie
mlp7878
0 Kudos

Okay, I just talked to someone who actually helped me-John #18604.

My BJB is now working.  These are the steps to use when you shut down your macbook pro.(which should be done occasionally)

1.  disconnect charger on BJB

2.  Turn on  (top button)

3.   Once BJB is on and flashes white, press  "J" button rapidly 6 times  (as rapidly as possible)

4.  Light will turn solid red 

5.  Immediately,Press and hold "J" button for 3 seconds and release.

Light will be red and white.

Go to mac appy in left top corner

l.  Go to system preferences

2. go to bluetooth.

3. Hilight jawbone profile

4. hit '+'sign

5. Hit advance

Good luck--worked for me

Jawbone Newbie
filtrocapo
0 Kudos

Re: Ongoing Big Jambox and MacBook Pro Blueto

Awesome! this worked for me too!

1. disconnect charger on BJB
2. Turn on (top button)
3. Once BJB is on and flashes white, press "J" button rapidly 6 times (as rapidly as possible)
4. Light will turn solid red
5. Immediately,Press and hold "J" button for 3 seconds and release.
Light will be red and white.

Go to mac appy in left top corner
l. Go to system preferences
2. go to bluetooth.
3. Hilight jawbone profile
4. hit '+'sign
5. Hit advance