BIG JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

BIG JAMBOX
Jawbone Newbie
BushyBollocks
0 Kudos

Trouble using with Nexus 7

I have recently bought a Nexus 7 and discovered that it appears to have problems with its bluetooth connectivity. I often use my Big Jambox to play music over bluetooth from my laptop and smartphone such as Spotify and had zeros issues. However, when using my Nexus 7 with the Jambox it intermittently cuts out on a regular basis, no matter the distance, location, or presence of other interfering bluetooth signals. I originally thought this only happened when the screen turned off on the Nexus 7 but it actually happens all the time. I have replaced the Jambox thinking the issue may lie on that side but the issue persists. Is the Nexus 7 known for a 'weak' bluetooth, is my specific one likely to be faulty? Has anyone else had any similar issues? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Jawbone Nerd
macatari

Re: Trouble using with Nexus 7

The Big Jambox allows two devices to be connected to it at the same time.  An unusual feature that I think is pretty cool, but it could cause a problem like you are describing.

If the Big Jambox is connected to both your Nexus 7 and your laptop, then it is possible that one could override the other.  For example, if you are playing music on the Nexus 7 and an email alert (or some other event that triggers a sound) occurs on the laptop.  The laptop will send the alert sound to the Big Jambox and take control of the sound.  You would then have to go back to the Nexus 7 and tell it to take the sound back.

If this is the problem, the solution is to disconnect the laptop or change it's audio output to not use the Big Jambox.

Jawbone Newbie
whereRtheInterw
0 Kudos

My Nexus 7 does this when streaming Bluetooth to my car. I think it has something to do with the battery saver processor in the Tegra 3. Maybe the battery saver core is not powerful enough to play music over Bluetooth. The problem mostly seems to start when the screen goes off but happens other times too. When I open Google maps or some other program that requires more processor power, it has no problems streaming music over Bluetooth. Also, if I keep my finger on the screen it does not seem to cut out as much. I am still researching for a better solution. I do believe it is a problem with the tablet though, specifically Android.
Jawbone Newbie
FrostedFlakes
0 Kudos

I just bought a regular Jambox and am having the same issue with the Nexus 7.

I am very interested to see if someone can come with a resolution for this.

My laptop has no issues at all when I pair it for audio.

This seems to be some type of interference with the Nexus 7s Bluetooth.

Thanks.

Jawbone Newbie
FrostedFlakes

Ok.

I did some research.

This may actually shed some light for all that are curious.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39633

Seems like it maybe Android 4.2 issue.  It has broken the bluetooth somehow.

Thoughts?!

Jawbone Newbie
nollie
0 Kudos

I was experiencing intermittent gaps in playback streaming over Bluetooth with both my Nexus 7 (4.2) and Samsung Galaxy SII (4.1.2).

At least for me the solution is pretty simple. I just rebooted the devices and music/audio playback was seamless again. Every few days it creeps back, particularly if I've loaded up a lot of apps in the meantime (swiping them away in the multi-task menu doesn't rectify this) but it goes back to normal after a reboot.

Jawbone Newbie
Adam7
0 Kudos

Re: Trouble using with Nexus 7 but not with iPhone or iPad

I have had my Jambox for awhile now and have enjoyed pairing my iPhone and iPad seamlessly. I decided to buy a Nexus 7 and found the built in speaker inadequate. I decided to use my Jambox with my new toy and lo and behold, my Nexus 7 could not pair with my Jambox. My Jambox is already fully updated as well as my Nexus 7 with its 4.2.1 update. I have tried adding the Android companion app in the Jawbone update and I  receive a message that the Nexus 7 is not compatible with the Jawbone app and would not let me add it. Nexus 7 still cannot find my Jambox. What is the problem here? This is my first experience with Android. I was otherwise happy with it until I tried pairing my Nexus 7 with Jambox. I cannot tell at this point if the problem is from Jawbone or an update is needed from Google. Anyone with similar issues and have found a fix, please help.

Jawbone Newbie
Adam7
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I found the answer on an Android forum. You have to basically keep the on switch ALL the way up on the Jambox till it says "Jambox is in pairing mode" (I never had to do this extra step with my iDevices by the way while making sure your Nexus 7 is in search all devices mode. Nexus 7 will eventually find your Jambox and PAIR with it. Finally. I guess I will not be returning my Nexus 7 now. 

Jawbone Newbie
Barmok
0 Kudos

Any chance that the Jawbone Companion would be update to be used with android 4.2. If yes do you know when?
Jawbone Newbie
jpavila
0 Kudos

Re: Trouble using with Nexus 7 but not with i

I found that Adam7's suggestion works. You have to get the Jawbone to say "Paring Mode" and then the Nexus 7 picks up the signal.