BIG JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

BIG JAMBOX
Jawbone Enthusiast
Sparkee
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

USB Charging

Does the Big Jambox charge by USB or only by the AC power adapter that comes with it?
Jawbone Enthusiast
wdfly
0 Kudos

Re: USB Charging

only with the AC charger, the USB is only for updates and features.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie

Hi Sparkee,

Because BIG JAMBOX has a 15 hour battery life, charging via the provided USB cable can work, but will take awhile.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Enthusiast
wdfly
0 Kudos

i assumed that since the AC charger puts out 14+ volts that the battery in the big jambox is a 12v battery, is this not the case? if it is the case then charging via USB will only net you 5 volts max.

Jawbone Enthusiast
Sparkee
0 Kudos

If it is possible to charge slowly via USB would the 10 watt, 2 amp iPad charger charge it resonably faster?

I know the Big Jambox is probably not suitable for travel but I sure would like to have one. My laptop bag is getting pretty heavy and it would sure simplify things a little without adding extra chargers. 

I already have the regular Jambox, but bigger is better. :smileywink: 

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi Sparkee,

We recommend that you charge your BIG JAMBOX using the included AC wall adapter. Because BIG JAMBOX has a battery life of 15 hours, charging via a USB cable can take a long time and is therefore not recommended. Please keep in mind that only Jawbone accessories have been tested to ensure compatibility with our products.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Member
joebryant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

3 quick questions please:

#1. I lost the AC power cord for my Big Jawbone. I bought the wall charger here http://store.jawbone.com/store/aliphcom/list/CategoryID.56300000/

But you're saying that's not a good way to charge?  Why is it sold as a charger?

#2. If a regular AC wall charger would be better, can you point to a link on amazon that you'd recommend? Are all AC chargers the same?

#3. Using the USB wall charger I bought, it doesn't let me play the speaker while I'm charging. Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks for your help.

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 479
Solutions: 413
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi joebryant,

Thanks for posting on the forum. I am happy to clarify the questions you are having. The Micro USB wall charger that you purchased is primarily used for the JAMBOX because the BIG JAMBOX needs substantially more power to charge it. 

I have also sent you a private message to give you a bit more information. 

Thanks!

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Newbie
dsilverman
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I too lost my AC power cord a few weeks after purchasing the AWESOME Big Jambox. What are my options for a replacement Jawbone AC charger or aftermarket equivalent?  I appreciate any and all feedback! 

Thanks,

Derek

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 479
Solutions: 413
0 Kudos

Hi dsilverman,

I just sent you a private message with more info about a replacement charger.

Thanks,

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!