BIG JAMBOX
JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 410
0 Kudos

Re: battery won't charge

Hi Chilltd,

I am going to have someone from our Support Team get in touch with you about a replacement charger.

Thanks!
JawboneAlex
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Newbie
sp420house
0 Kudos

I just bought my Big Jam Box last month after charging it for 2.5 hours worked really great. But, now when I charge it it wont charge. Red light comes on then turns white after 2 minutes. I spent almost $350 on it. My friends love it. I called customer service 4 times and never got a answer back.

I want a replacement like right away. Honestly I was going to buy 3 more for my family but, now I'm thiking bout doing so, telling my friends not to get it and especially go to the place where I bought it and post a big sign outside not to buy a Big Jam Box.

I'll be happy if I get a full refund or a replacement. I should have gone to Bose.

JawboneAlex
0 Kudos

Hi sp420house,

I am happy to help you with this. I understand that your BIG JAMBOX is not charging with the wall adapter, but can you please tell me if it charges via the USB cord when connected to a computer. It may be that your AC charger is damaged.

Let me know,
JawboneAlex

Jawbone Member
cf1ny
0 Kudos

I have a Big Jawbone Jambox that I purchased in July and has been used just enough to run battery dead. It now will not charge and it I plug in the USB it won't recognize it is plugged in to my computer.

JawboneAlex
0 Kudos

Hi cf1ny,

Thanks for posting on the forum! Have you tried doing a reset on your BIG JAMBOX yet? Also, are you saying that your unit won't charge when it's connecting to the wall charger and through the USB port?

JawboneAlex

Jawbone Member
hellfried
0 Kudos

three quarters full

Even after an over night charge my jambox is only three quarters full. I have tried resetting a few times but to no avail. Does anyone have the same problem? And it drains to nothing in a few hours. Definitely below the advertised 15 hours of continuous play! This only started happening the past 2 weeks. I have had my jambox for about 6 weeks now. 

Jawbone Member
cskx28
0 Kudos

Big Jambox Not Charging

I have also purchased a new BIG Jambox and it is not charging from the supplied wall charger.  However, I can use the supplied USB cable to charge the device.  Is jawbone having trouble with their wallchargers?  It seems a lot of people are having this trouble.  I have sent a request to jawbone support to send me a new wall charger.  I am a little disappointed in the quality considering the price I paid.

Jawbone Member
cskx28
0 Kudos

Re: Big Jambox Not Charging

Alright well I have an update on my previous wall charger problem on a new Big Jambox.  I have been working with Jawbone Support and it has been decided most likely my wall charger and they have offered to send me one at no charge.  Here is where the problem continues, I purchased the device in an USA Int'l Airport but I live in Asia.  Jawbone USA says they cannot send me the new charger because my address is outside the US so they sent me to the UK Support, not sure why.  So I called the UK support and they cannot send me a new charger because I am outside Europe.  So now my case has been escalated Jawbone USA and no one can tell me what Jawbone can do for me.  Given the problems I am having and the lack of support from Jawbone I would recommend those of you struggling between a Big Jambox and a Bose Sound Wave to go with the Bose system.  Even though the Big Jambox is great when it works, the problem is when it doesn't work and you have no support.  If you are going to pay for a premium product you should at least get the most basic customer service.

Jawbone Newbie
sgupta007
0 Kudos

I have owned the big jambox for less than 6 months; suddenly the battery has stopped charging.  Is this a known problem with this $300 unit?

Jawbone Member
cskx28
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's probably the charger and all jawbone will do is send you a new one (if you are in the US). Lets hope the new one works. I don't know what the percentage of failures is but I do know there a lot of people with this problem. I am recommending people go with Bose, it seems to have less problems.