BIG JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

BIG JAMBOX
Jawbone Newbie
pberm1962
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

big jambox play while charging

can you play the big jambox while charging it through the wall charger or while charging it through usb on a laptop pc thanks paul

Cheule
Topics: 1
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 17
0 Kudos

Re: big jambox play while charging

You can certainly play the BJB while charging it. I play mine almost exclusively while it's plugged into the wall charger.

You can also play it while it's plugged into USB, but realize that the USB connection charges it so slowly that it might not be able to keep up with the drain of playing.
Jawbone Member
tkrusher53
0 Kudos

My Jambox claims it is paired, my Nexus 7 says it is paired, the speakers however say Nothing.  Music still coming out the Nexus, not the Jambox.  Help?

Jawbone Member
kham0n
0 Kudos

I don't get want you mean, sorry I just got mine, so your saying just charge it then turn it on and play my music and it will still charge right?

Jawbone Newbie
enigmacreative
0 Kudos

While listening to music from my Mac Book Pro on the Big Jambox, if the battery runs low (a voice reminds me there is only 255 charge left) and the jambox is plugged into the wall, it still turns off when the power runs out... It does not charge while playing. I have to leave it plugged to the wall charger while switched off before I can reuse it. From you answer this doesn't seem to be the way it should be. Would my device be defective or is there another way of doing it? 

Thanks for your response in advance.

Cheule

The Big Jambox can be used while it charges. Note that it does not have the ability to run off AC power. So no matter how you plug it in, whether by the USB port or AC adapter, the BJB will be playing off it's internal battery while you are charging the same battery.

Play time for a BJB is typically up to 20 hours (with v2.0 firmware) and the BJB can be fully charged by the AC adapter in under 4 hours, so it charges faster than it drains when using the AC adapter. This means it will never run out of charge while plugged in like this.

The USB port charges very slowly. Somewhere in the order of 20-40 hours. I'm not certain how long it takes. But I'm certain that the charge amount is less than the drain from using the device, and the BJB would eventually run out of charge.
JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 509
Solutions: 410
0 Kudos

Cheule,

Thanks a lot for helping on this thread! Your contributions in the community are really appreciated.

Best,
JawboneAlex
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Cheule

My pleasure. I feel the BJB is one of the better (if not the best) Bluetooth portable boom boxes on the market. I have yet to see a better offering (including what Bose offers), and I'm glad to support the community.
Jawbone Newbie
tracyimmel
0 Kudos

I have my jambox plugged into the wall and am playing music, but then it always drains the power and eventually just turns off. Have to say, my jambox sucks. It constantly disconnects for no reason, I have to turn it off, turn it back on and then connect in the control box. I've plugged it into my computer and downloaded the latest updates and it continues to be super flaky. Have called JB tech support numerous times....get the wrong answer (like oh, you can't play the JB when it's plugged in, you have to unplug it - -NOT). UGH, is it possible I just have a lemon?

Jawbone Newbie
tracyimmel
0 Kudos

Any explanation for why my JB drains faster than it's charging then? It's plugged into wall with standard cell-phone charger (which should work just like JB charger, right?)