FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
robertf57
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

ERA Doesn't Switch Phones on Incoming Calls

[ Edited ]

I have an Jawbone ERA headset paired to an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.3. via BlueTooth.  Whenever my phone rings and I have my headset turned on, the phone never automatically switches over to the Jawbone headset.  Instead, I always have to tap the "Audio Source" button on my iPhone and select "Jawbone ERA" to activate the headset.  How do I fix this problem?  I would think that if my headset is paired to the iPhone and turned on, the phone would know to switch over to the headset automatically.  Thanks.

Jawbone Enthusiast
jeromem29
0 Kudos

Re: iPhone doesn't switch

Do you answer the call using the Era by tap-tap or pressing the button? Or do you answer using the iPhone? With my 4S and Era, answering with the headset has the audio go automatically to the Era. If I answer with the iPhone, the audio goes to the phone. If I then want the audio to go to the headset, I select "Jawbone Era" through "audio source" as you describe.

If this is what is happening with you, then the headset is working fine.
Jawbone Newbie
robertf57
0 Kudos

I haven't been tapping the headset nor using its button to answer calls so maybe that's the problem.  I give those two things a try.  I was assuming that the phone would see the headset is connected via BlueTooth and route the call there automatically but maybe that's not the case.  Thanks for your reply.

Jawbone Enthusiast
jeromem29
0 Kudos

With my previous bluetooth headset, all audio would be directed to the headset irrespective of whether answered with the phone or headset button. I found it somewhat inconvenient eg: I would answer a call with the phone and the audio would direct to the headset that was lying in my jacket pocket.

I prefer the Era pattern of audio direction since when I answer with the phone, I'm intending to use the phone (and vice versa).

Jawbone Newbie
donc142
0 Kudos

Re: iPhone doesn't switch to Jawbone on incom

I was told there's a voice activation method on my device, how do I utilize it?

Jawbone Newbie
tcinapex
0 Kudos

I'm on a Samsung galaxy 4, coming from a 4 year old icon. When my phone rang, I could turn on the headset while my phone was ringing and it would automatically connect. I guess that's not how this headset works. When I rerun it on during an incoming call, I have no idea where the sound goes. No one can hear me and I can't use the speaker on the phone. Strange.

Administrator
JawboneGarrett
0 Kudos

For more information and troubleshooting steps on Multi-point, check out our support page on using Multi-point for ERA here.

We're always here to help at support@jawbone.com too!

Jawbone Newbie
EBONYLANCE
0 Kudos

My issue is that my Iphone4  and My Jawbone ERA are not fully compatable or I have a fauly module because I loose more connections from My ERA CUTTING OFF or The valume nerver gets to the point of understanding clearly..Then it cannot be upgraded?? on either windows 7 nor windows 8...

Jawbone Newbie
EBONYLANCE
0 Kudos

by the way I am not a newbie.. this infomation is because the ERA i paid over 150.00 for is not working and it hurts when I have to pay $150.00 to another company because I cannot use the ear piece I retained from you????

Jawbone Newbie
EBONYLANCE
0 Kudos

now I cannot even sync the earpiece to my headset.. (I cannot sync my jawbone ERA to my Iphone4) So remind me why I paid over $150.00 for the ERA again??