ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
ap10046
0 Kudos

ERA awful sound quality with 4 phones

I have been using my Jabra JX10 SII with a BB 9700 and an iphone 4 (4.2.1 JB), with no issues except for the copious amounts of  background noise in any environment aprt from deathly silence!

After reading rave reviews (and unfortunately NOT reading these forums) I went ahead and bought the Jawbone ERA.

From the get up go, sound quality has been God Awful..to put it lightly! People say I sound like i've just sucked in Helium, to distorted and garbled to muffled, crackly and static-y. WOW!

I have tried it on the iphone, bb9700, bb 9780 and bb9800 and the call quality is just as bad on all of them. Mysteriously going back to the Jabra makes all the problems go away!

I contacted Jawbone support and followed their instructions to the "t"..and guess what...!! No difference whatsoever.

I wonder if they even researched this thing before releasing it. If JB pride themselves on their Noise Assassin feature and expect us to pay fancy money for their products, I just wish they would work as advertised!

Jawbone Member
kjohn0102
0 Kudos

Re: ERA awful sound quality with 4 phones

I've had my ERA for a week now-no problems last week, but beginning today everyone is complaining about the sound quality-me cutting out, sounds like I'm in a tunnel, etc.

Incoming sound is GREAT-but can't work like this.  I may try 1 exchange to see if it makes any difference.

Will let you know!

kj

Jawbone Newbie
ap10046
0 Kudos

I used a friend's Icon and to be frank it wasn't much different.

However, now I have an even bigger issue...the ERA connects to the iphone no problem, but there is no sound from the JB either incoming or making a call.

I'm really getting frustrated

AP

Jawbone Member
sanctified
0 Kudos

I'm using an ERA with a non-jailbroken iphone4 running iOS 4.3.1 with zero issues... Voice quality is better than any other bt headset I've had in the past (and I've had alot...) people I've talked to have told me that they don't realize I'm on a headset at all when I ask them.

I know it's a basic question but if you aren't getting any sound from the ERA when making a call is it actually selected as the audio source in the phone app?  You can toggle between, speaker, iphone, and your bt device when making a call and the phone will prompt you to pick an audio source when making a call initiated from the handset (not via voice dial through the headset...)

Jawbone Member
loveem
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Had previous Jawbone Original for 5 years and only started to get complaints from others that sound was terrible my end and then my wife recently dropped my coffee on it, along with my £350 5 year old satnav unit, she will be out of hospital any day now!

Bought a Jawbone ERA 5 days ago and compared to the 'Original' it is half the size, weight with much better ear fitting options, better on/off, great in car charging unit, so I thought well worth the £100+ price!

Replaced the Satnav with an iphone4 App (Navigon) which is very good, except:

ERA = Misses 1st 2 seconds of instructions from satnav, you know the important bit, when the delay is over 8 seconds I get a shhhhhhh for 2 seconds instead of the instructions, however, when I then keep pressing the turn button to again listen to instructions its fine every time, then I wait 8 seconds and next press is shhhhhhhhh for the 1st 8 seconds. Every Time!

ERA = Others tell me I keep going in/out although to be fair to Jawbone still going through the earpieces so might be because movement on my face, although isn't it supposed to not matter?

ERA= Sometimes really bad interference my end when on a call but the person the other end often thinks Im in the next room, not 100 miles away!

ERA= Supposed to be able to tell when not on my face and divert calls to the phone unlike the Original where I had to run to my car and shove my earpiece in before answering the call. IT DOES, Fantastic improvement!

Oh and by the way contacted Jawbone 3 days ago and still not had a reply, trying again so will see what happens!

Jawbone Member
peterde
0 Kudos

My ERA on my new IPhone 4 was great. After about 3 weeks people couldn't hear me. I called Jawbone and after trying a few things they sent me a new one. Well after a week it started again. My wife runs the exact setup for the same amount of time and hers is fine. I love the crystal clear sound, but I'm frustrated that people can't  hear me. I guess another call is in order, but I losing all faith in their product quality.

Jawbone Apprentice
yogflame
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Why is it that all iphone users has so many problem with devices like BT, if i search in amazon for reviews the majority is iphone users.

Its not like 90% of the americans have iphone. and therefor we can only see their reviews.

Only problem ive had with era is after the first update and second now it is all muffled and nothing seems to happen from the supportteam. I guess if they dont fix this people will not buy jawbone anymore.  Thats why i left blueant after q1 bad battery and people couldnt hear me. And also blueant customer support never returned any mailreply Sh*tty customerservice.

Jawbone Nerd
sideman7
0 Kudos

Well, I am now waiting to receive my second replacement after the first replacement had the exact same issues rendering it useless in my car (which is where I need it). The noise assasin randomly just stops working. Sometimes it sounds great, other times you can hear every last noise in my car (my girlfriend made a recording to confirm this for me). Also, there is an issue with the auto volume (a software problem confirmed by their tech) that is triggered by some road noise that causes it to actually turn the volume down when it needs to be up, making it impossible to hear (until the pavement changes, then it gets screaming loud!).

Add to this that I am also convinced that a recent update made it sound muddier than before (and possibly caused the above issues). I got mine the day they came out and had no problems with it up until recently, and the replacement they sent seem to have the exact same issues... I am keeping my fingers crossed the new one will work, but I don't have much faith at this point. After using jawbones since the original, I finally broke down and bought another brand to use in my car... It may not be as stylish, but to be honest, I am dumbfounded how much better it sounds on both ends. I hope they can sort their issues out. The customer service people sure bend over backwards to try and help...

Jawbone Apprentice
yogflame
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Most strange is that they didnt come up with a firmware till now i guess they are busy trying to figure out if it is hardware problem or software. But i think it is software as it worked prior update. And caller id is a joke , it is not working in sweden. And someone in germany had same problem.

Jawbone Member
kjohn0102
0 Kudos

Update a month later-I gave up and took the ERA back.  Got the Ikon instead-and it's much better.  I do miss the superior incoming audio of the ERA, but the Ikon is sure not bad at all-and I'm getting no more complaints from callers about my sound.