ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Member
MDalton
0 Kudos

Re: ERA good/bad sound statistics

I bought two Eras today and im very dissapointed. I bought one for my GF for her DroidX. It does sound better then on my phone but it still sounds like crap. I use mine on a HTC Titan and it sounds HORRIBLE, i've also tried it on my Moto Atrix and again muffled. I use the size below the largest so its not the ear bud.

Other disappointment I was upsold at the store because it "reads text messages" then it uses a third party app with a monthly fee.... Really JAWBONE really?

So this was my 1st two Jaw Bone device and they will be my last two after i return them. I urge anyone else with issues to return it so they actully have to try and fix it.

Jawbone Newbie
bhweiner
0 Kudos

I am so glad to see I am not alone.  I purchased my ERA when I bought my new iphone 4s.  My orignal jawbone died.  On every call, I can hear fine but no one can hear me consistently.  Now, it won't be recognized by my laptop or charge.  Very frustrating.  Too late to return.

Jawbone Member
nycebo
0 Kudos

Maybe too late to return, but not too late to never buy a product from them again. I finally decided to bail on the ERA. Just such a pain. Saw that Sennheiser released a new headset at CES2012. I'm going to try that route. I can't stand being a test monkey any longer.

Jawbone Nerd
Ochkarik
0 Kudos

HTC Desire HD, no troubles. But I had to turn off Noise Assassin, not working at all.

--------------
I own Jawbone ERA Shadowbox
Factory reset manual: http://aliph.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/336/kw/factory+reset
Jawbone Nerd
Ochkarik
0 Kudos

Update: seems like my Era's microphone is damaged - lots of people say they can hardly hear me. Volume is on top.

Is that fixable? 

--------------
I own Jawbone ERA Shadowbox
Factory reset manual: http://aliph.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/336/kw/factory+reset
Jawbone Enthusiast
torobucks
0 Kudos

“The voice of the person on the other end is popping and breaking every 2-3 seconds” Yeah, same problem, really annoying.

Jawbone Member
probos
0 Kudos

iPhone 4 and Jawbone ERA incoming A2DP is great but voice is muffled. Mic also giving popping to the other party. Not happy! Hap Plantronics 975 for 3 years, never once went wrong, still in my draw and working, going back to it. Lack of thought by Jawbone, silly things like when a txt or call comes in all sound is redirected to headset, nonsense.....!

Jawbone Member
darkone338
0 Kudos

iPhone 4s user here.... i also suffer from the break up of sound.... I find that it works fine if i hold the phone near my headset, but even putting the phone in my pocket will be enough distance away from the headset to cause the audio break up....

.... then i made a discovery....... Wifi... If wifi is enabled, even if its not connected to a wireless network, causes me to suffer the break up of sound... if i turn wifi specifically off while using the headset, the audio instantly clears up and i can wander a few feet from the phone without break up, rather than a few inches....

i'd suggest that theres some interference supression missing somewhere....

Jawbone Member
dvantman
0 Kudos

Just purchased the ERA - I updated the firmware straight away, no problem. I then paired it with my Samsung Note and iPhone 3GS, no problem. The voice quality into the ERA is muffled with the S Note and also with the 3GS; the 3GS is slightly better. I found that my callers could hear me clearly with NA switched on or off. During the call on the Samsung I switched the NA off with a slight improvement on incoming call sound quality on the ERA .

BTW I have a Jawbone 2 (4 years old now i think) and the sound quality from it is MUCH MUCH better! I bought the ERA as it can pair 2 phones and a heap of other great stuff. Also i was getting tired of JB2 doing the "cliff hanger" off of my ear everytime i leaned over.

I have to say that the lack of sound quality surely cant be from the ERA hardware as it must be so much more superior than my Jawbone 2. Is Jawbone working on a fix, or is there a much bigger problem a patch or fix cannot help with that they are not sharing with us...

I have read alot on this issue on this forum and customers who have bought the ERA are sick of waiting on feedback from Jawbone about this.

Lets hope!

Jawbone Member
dvantman
0 Kudos

Heres an update on my earlier post.

I took my first ERA back to the supplier and got it replaced with a new one. The supplier agreed after listening ot my original Jawbone2 and the ERA that there was definitley a problem with the sound clarity. SO NOW I have the new ERA and I have decided not to update the firmware, it actually sounds better than the first ERA I had which had the update. I am not going to update this ERA for fear that I will be back with the same quality sound. Otherwise does anyone know if the update can be rolled back, or can the unit be factory reset?

Thanks