ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Enthusiast
IceB

ERA good/bad sound statistics

Hello everyone.

As many of you already mentioned there are many sound issues with the ERA headset allover.

Personally I have used Jawbone prime for a couple of years and it was great until my I have forgot it in my shorts pocket and it was washed in the machine :smileyfrustrated:

It is time to upgrade then.

I have purchased the ERA with all excitement bla bla bla...

ERA in call sound quality is so bad - I'd better use the $9.99 no name headset.

The voice of the person on the other end is popping and breaking every 2-3 seconds unless... Unless I manage to keep the phone nearby the headset (5-20 cm). What is the point of Bluetooth ?! Doesn't it meant to be wireless?! Once I put the phone on the table and moving around in the office or at home - the popping and sound breaking is awful. I have tried to keep the phone in my jeans pocket, still not close enough to talk with comfort.

On the other hand the A2DP music streaming quality is great.

So I have checked the headset with different phone - same issue.

I have replaced the headset thinking it will help.

The replacement unit's in call quality is a bit better - less sound breakings but still not even close to have a good quality.

Unfortunately I cannot refund my purchase locally so I am stuck with more than $100 "TOP quality" purchase.

I have tried all the reset procedures and checked it several times with several phones - still the same.

I have found enough great feedbacks around the web regarding the ERA quality GOOD experience.

So the reason I am writing this topic is to get the statistics of the successful/unsuccessful usage.

Maybe the reason of the bad in call quality is the certain phones incompatibilities.

Please state your phone model and your ERA experience here to verify this issue.

The phones I had bad-very bad experience with are:

2 x Samsung Nexus S

1 x Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (International model) 

Jawbone Member
ralfaro

Re: ERA good/bad sound statistics

I bought an ERA and returned it the next day. iPhone 4s. Great incoming audio and A2DP but horrible with Siri and with dictation in general. Also bad outgoing audio. Terrible product, I'll never purchase another Jawbone headset again due to the terrible lack of customer support which is evident by simply reading their own forums.
Jawbone Member
nycebo
0 Kudos

Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  The incoming call audio is truly muffled.  I had an old icon, and while the volume is lower, the incoming audio quality was much clearer.  I guess one can't win: good volume, bad quality OR weak volume, good sound quality. Argh.

Jawbone Enthusiast
IceB
0 Kudos

The strange ERA behavior disappeared.

I have purchased Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 international.

ERA is working perfect now.

No muffled voices. No crackling or whatever voice issues I had with previously used phones.

I have figured out that the chagelog of the ERA firmware says that there has been made some improvements for some Samsung models.

It is clear now that Galaxy S II is one of them.

It is still a shame for Jawbone that there were no improvements done for Galaxy S I and Nexus S.

The bottom line is me joy using ERA now.

Jawbone Member
Gary1148
0 Kudos

I purchased my Era about a week ago which was an addition to my Icon (Hero) that I have had for seven months. Immediately upon receiving my Era I paired it to my Motorola DroidX2 to check and make sure  all functions worked properly. I noticed right off the bat that the voice/sound quality was a little less than my Icon's but still very clear and funtionable, I attributed this to the size of the earbud and the placement in the ear, also I've noticed that at first I couldn't update my Era so that it spoke names from my phonebook. Being a patient person I've plugged the Era into my PC and tried several times to correct the issues that were plaguing me, it seems that atleast for me the Jawbones have a breakin period. I've been a Jawbone owner since the Jawbone2 and noticed that all of the devices seem to need some sort of breakin period. Both my Icon and Era are working fine now and it seems that functionality depends 1-on the phone you have, 2-on patience and 3-on the breakin period. All in all right now my Jawbones are working fine and I will continue to update as time goes on. Getting back to your subject of sound... right from the beginning I've had no problems with this issues. Maybe the software in you phone has compatibility issues with Jawbones software. :smileyhappy:

Jawbone Newbie
pkincy
0 Kudos

I actually threw my new Jawbone ERA in the trash today, before I decided I needed to come here first before giving up on it.

Mine was wonderful with my HTC Sensation 4G until the last software update.  Now it is unusable.

Should I trash it and go back to my old earpiece or is it salvageable?  If so how might I reset it to the way it came?

Perry

Jawbone Newbie
ariath072
0 Kudos

I got a really bad sound quantity on phone call  every thing sound creaky and cheap 
and also doesn't change after update a firmware, really disappointed
but Music stream works fine 

My device is iphone 4 

Jawbone Nerd
Akis
0 Kudos

Mine is working perfect.My only complain is about the incoming audio is muffled.I hard/soft reset it 10 times so far nothing happened.Should i send it back or should i wait for a new firmware?

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Jawbone Member
SmilingBoy
0 Kudos

iPhone 4S

ios 5.0.1

Jawbone ERA: Latest update applied

Issue: Incoming audio from phone call is muffled, difficult to hear.

Jawbone Newbie
SSGPat
0 Kudos

I'm on a Window Phone 7.5 (Trophy from Verizon).

Music is beautiful, but voices get muffled and people have a hard time hearing me.

I've updated and such with no luck.  I don't understand how music is different from phone.