ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Member
mandype
0 Kudos

Era and Windows 7?

I would love to use my Jawbone ERA with my computer as a headset sometimes. When I pair it, Windows recognizes the bluetooth headset, but can never find the drivers to complete the installation. :robotfrustrated: HELP!

Jawbone Newbie
dpickrell
0 Kudos

Re: Era and Windows 7?

Same here,  I can never find the correct drivers for Windows 7 for the jawbone era.   Can someone point me in the correct direction.  I am running a dell Latitude E4310  with windows 7 64 bit operating system

Jawbone Enthusiast
Yokiebear
0 Kudos

I have mine connected to a Dell E6400, WIndows 7. There are no Jawbone specific drivers it uses a generic driver.

Under sound, video, and game controllers I see: Bluetooth Hands-free Audio

Driver: Broadcom Corp

Driver Date: 7/1/2009

Driver Version: 6.2.0.9500

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

If I look at the properties of the device I see: Bluetooth AV

Driver: Broadcom Corp

Driver Date: 6/24/2009

Driver Version: 6.2.0.9451

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Let me know if you need more info?

Jawbone Enthusiast
Yokiebear

I use the ERA with a Cisco Softphone v7.1. I would walk away from the computer and most of the time when I came back the ERA would not reconnect until I reboot the notebook, the ERA or both.

When I was testing today I disabled the bluetooth device in Control Panel-Sound-Recording and it never showed up again. I tried deleting and re-pairing the ERA device to see if it would reappear.

I was able to re-pair the ERA as a Windows Bluetooth device but I still could not find it in Control Panel Sound.

Here are my steps to re-pair the ERA with Windows 7

Windows 7 - Right click Bluetooth icon on task bar, select add a device

Windows 7 - The add device window will be looking for a new device.

ERA - Shake it 6 times, lights around the rubber nub are flashing red and white

Windows 7 - In add device window it finds Jawbone ERA, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Headset

Windows 7 - Click next, it auto configures settings.

Windows 7 - Add a device message: This device has been successfully added to this computer

Windows 7 - Close

Windows 7 - In Device and Printers you will see Jawbone ERA

Windows 7 - Double click it and it will show you if it is connected.

In the end the FIX was to reinstall/upgrade the Dell miniport bluetooth drivers and voila it magically appeared in Windows-Control Panel-Sound as devices I could use with the Cisco softphone (You also have to change the preferences in Cisco to Bluetooth Hands-free Audio).

Jawbone Newbie
kcvst

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

This thread is old, but I recently fixed this issue on my laptop & desktop so I figured I'd share anyways. Our office bought a lot of Jawbone Eras for the office and they just weren't working - the device would successfully pair but Windows wasn't seeing it as an audio device and couldn't find the right drivers. We went through a lot of bluetooth adapters to try on our desktops as well as laptops that already had built-in bluetooth. The only one that worked flawlessly with Jawbone was the Medialink bluetooth adapter (last time I checked it was around $15 from Amazon). It's a little pricier for it, but no headaches so far.

When you install, make sure you also use the installation disk that comes with the device or download it from Medialink's website. It's been about a month since we installed it on people's work laptops & workstations and no complaints so far.