ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
Cartman69
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Having issue with JAWBONE ERA connecting to windows 7

Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue and/or if they knoew of a solotuion. I recently bought my Jawbone Era and I like all the cool things about it.  But, I have not been able to get the mytalk-->earpiece connectivity  to work on my PC.  It might be reconigzed by the app for 2 secs then it returns to "please connect your device".  Am I the only one with this issue? My system uses the Windows 7 ultimate OS.

Thanks,

Chris

Jawbone Newbie
kirkwiseman
0 Kudos

Re: Having issue with JAWBONE ERA connecting to windows 7

Hi Chris,

I had the same issue with Windows 7 Ultimate.  I had to go into devices and printers, right-click the Jabone era icon, choose properties and then update driver (search automatically).  After I did that and rebooted, it worked fine.

HTH's,

Kirk

Jawbone Enthusiast
Bones
0 Kudos

Just bought the ERA today; however, I also cannot get it to connect to my Windows 7 PC. I tried the solution above, but the update drivers option was grayed out. The Jawbone is not showing up in the explorer or on the taskbar.

Any other ideas?

Jawbone Enthusiast
Bones
0 Kudos

"Scott" from Jawbone sent me this solution and it worked:

1. Plug your Era into the computer

2. Uninstall the Jawbone Updater by clicking on Start->All Programs->jawbone->Uninstall Jawbone Updater and then follow the instructions on the Uninstall Wizard

3. Sign back into your MyTalk account (mytalk.jawbone.com) and re-install the Updater.

The key to the whole process is making sure the Jawbone is plugged in the entire time.

Thanks, Scott!

Jawbone Enthusiast
AzNnYx
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I successfully paired my brand spankin' new Jawbone Era as of 5 mins ago.....took me about 30 mins to get it right on Windows 7 64-bit and it just came in the mail today :smileyhappy:

This is how it goes:

1) Connect Jawbone via USB to computer

2) Download & install Jawbone Updater from MyTALK (must register in order to download)

3) Update Jawbone via MyTALK with Jawbone connected to computer while logged on the site (Should take about 5 mins to update)

4) Turn on Jawbone and allow 1 minute for new update to adjust (DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING AFTER POWERING ON AFTER AN UPDATE)

5) Head to your bluetooth program of choice and select "Add Device"

6) Turn on your Jawbone and put it in pairing mode

7) Select the Jawbone from the list of discoverable bluetooth devices

8) If you were in the same boat as me, your Jawbone will connect and Windows will display a pop up that states the drivers were not successfully installed

9) Click on that error bubble!

10) Click "change settings" and check the "search in Windows Update for appropriate drivers / icons" for the device (this option is available when you click the error bubble that states drivers were not successfully installed)

11) Windows should take about a minute or 2 to find drivers via Windows Update and it will automatically make your Jawbone the default audio output device

MSG me if you need anything explained in-depth

This is my first Jawbone too.....bluetooth, ftw

Jawbone Newbie
Maditri

Scott:

I'm amazed how few people are taking your advice. I did and now my Jawbone ERA is working fabulously well! It sounds like many users have gone as far as to return their Jawbone. Insane! Although, I can understand the frustration of investing in technology and not having it work as advertised. ATTENTION JAWBONE ERA USERS!!! Follow the instructions Scott posted before getting rid of your device. It's an amazingly simple fix! Thanks Scott!

Katina

Jawbone Newbie
hidara
0 Kudos

Re: Having issue with JAW

Hey there,

Just my 2cents worth. I had a similar issue where it wasn't being detected in Windows 8. I had to manually update the driver and point it at the the Jawbone folder. It found the correct. see image below

Dara

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2248/jawbone.png

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/jawbone.png/][IMG]http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2248/j...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

Jawbone Newbie
GKGreen97603
0 Kudos

Re: Having issue with JAW

Still having issues with paring with Windows 8. It says that the driver that it is running is the best driver. Yes, I did try and update the driver using the same process as you.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Jawbone Newbie
bstogryn
0 Kudos

Re: Having issue with JAWBONE ERA connecting

make sure you are plugged into a usb2 port not a usb3