ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
jawbonenut
0 Kudos

How do you reset the ERA?

How do you reset the ERA? The manual does not say.
Jawbone Enthusiast
warpdrive
0 Kudos

Re: How do you reset the ERA?

1. Unpair the headset from your phone.

2. Turn headset on.

3. Press talk button 6 times fast.

4. When solid light comes on hold down talk button.

5. The headset shout reset and enter pairing mode.

Jawbone Enthusiast
expertzero117

this is the instructions i got from MODemma

To reset your ERA, please start with the charger REMOVED from any power source and connect the Jawbone to the micro-USB charging adapter. 

Next, please hold the Jawbone's Talk button while connecting the charger to a power source (either an active wall outlet or a USB port into a computer that is powered on).  Once the charger is fully connected to the power source please release the Talk button.  You should see the red light flash on and then continue to glow/pulse.

From here, remove your Jawbone from the charger and pair your Jawbone back to your phone.  To put the Jawbone ERA in pairing mode:

1. Start with the headset OFF (slide the power switch to OFF, the position where you cannot see the blue indicator).

2. Press and hold the TALK button

3. Slide the power switch ON.

4. Wait for the LED to start flashing red and white.

5.  Release the TALK button.

The headset is now in discovery or pairing mode.  On your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and search for (or add) Bluetooth devices. When found, select Jawbone ERA. When prompted for a passkey, enter 0000 (four zeros) You should now be connected and ready to use you ERA!    

hope this helps :smileyvery-happy:

Jawbone Apprentice
yogflame
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I hold the  talkbutton and connected to the computer however still my connection was there in the jawbone settings so it did not reset. So i removed it manually and then it went to pairing mode. Don't know if it reset it  though.

This holding button thing was from icon or prime if i recall it. So it didnt really work on the ERA maybe i should try again with wallcharger.

*Tried with the wallcharger now and its still the same you dont reset it at all.

Experto117  once the charger is fully connected to the power source please release the Talk button.  You should see the red light flash on and then continue to glow/pulse.

yes it will glow and pulse when connected  AND  THAT IS indicating that it is charging. 

Jawbone Apprentice
yogflame

warper you forgot something. So thats why it didnt work.

press 6 times and hold which means 6 times and 7th hold you should not wait. FIRST THEN IT WILL WORK why wait for light?

So here is how it is done.

Clearing the Pairing History - This is similar to a factory reset. This reset will clear the pairing history table in the headset. When the pairing history is cleared, the headset will automatically go to pairing mode when turned on.

To clear the pairing history:

1.      Disconnect the headset from the phone or turn the phone off so that the headset is not connected to any device.
2.      Press the TALK button 6 times, then press and hold.
3.      When the LED starts to flash red/white alternately, release the button. The headset is now in pairing mode. This is how you know that the Pairing History has been cleared.

Jawbone Enthusiast
applemac
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

thankyou so much expertzero! That worked like a charm!  I think the 'gingerbread' messed my droid up.

Jawbone Member
Petr_Uhin
0 Kudos

i pressed talk button 6 times fast, but solid light not come
Jawbone Apprentice
byasini
0 Kudos

try a fast 6 time press.
But the real reset can be done from mytalk. reset to defaults.
Jawbone Newbie
puss-en-boots
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks - this one actually works and my Jawbone is not paired again with my i-phone 4... thanks again for listing these instructions.