ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
phantomstar
0 Kudos

Jawbone ERA connection with Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

I have an ERA and has been working well with my previous phone (Galaxy S), however after using the latest Android phone (Galaxy Nexus with ICS), my bluetooth connection is connected however after talking with several people using the head set they can barely hear anything. 

I've updated my ERA and tested with my old phone, no problem. After using the latest Android ICS for Galaxy Nexus i'm encountering issues in which the clarity of the headset is not clear. I've checked the volume, tested using my own house phone, etc... and can see the ERA is not working right with either the phone or ICS in general.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, is there is fix for this?

Jawbone Newbie
demiller66
0 Kudos

Re: Jawbone ERA connection with Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

I have the same problem. I actually went back to the verizon store thinking that there was a problem with the phone, but they tried ut out with another headset, and it worked fine. The problem appears when you try to voicedial. I can't hear the phone say, "speak now," nor can i hear the confirmation. However, once it dials, i can hear the ringing and conversation.
Jawbone Newbie
demiller66
0 Kudos

I wrote to Jawbone support, and the hapless nitwit who helped me wrote the following:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and I apologize for the difficulties you've been experiencing.

I recommend you raise the volume on the cell phone when you are not on a call. This will resolve your issue.

Here is your ref. #xxxxxxxxx if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Rodrigo"
The Jawbone Support Team

Really, Rodrigo, raise the volume.  I hadn't thought of that.  I wrote back and am hoping to get a real response.

Jawbone Newbie
demiller66
0 Kudos

I spoke to someone at Verizon yesterday and was told that Samsung is aware of the problem.  In addition, I just spoke to customer service at Jawbone.  They told me that they are aware of the issue as well and intend to push out a new update to resolve the problem.

Jawbone Member
alpha_alpha
0 Kudos

Is anyone having intermittent disconnections between their Era and their Galaxy Nexus? Sometimes, the bluetooth indicator is on the phone but there is no connection (no sound goes through to the headset) until I turn off and on the bluetooth on the phone.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the Galaxy Nexus or the Era?

Jawbone Newbie
mjd9ball
0 Kudos

Mine is also disonnecting sporadically. The Jawbone app also force closes immediately upon opening. I disabled the app and seem to have more consistent connectivity but now I can't even get the built-in battery status to work (when I press the Era button it beeps but won't give me remaining battery life).

Jawbone, please provide a public update just so we know things are being addressed - knowing the status of a recognized issue keeps customers more than failing to ackowledge the issue...

Jawbone Member
nycebo
0 Kudos

I have had the random disconnects and the muddle incoming call audio.  It's pretty frustrating, but I'm hoping it's and issue with the SGN and ICS in general.  Hopefully an update will resolve all issues.  Hopefully.

Jawbone Newbie
nikajoy

Here is what Tech Support said:

Gibran: Hi, my name is Gibran. How may I help you?
 n: Hi, I am thinking about buying a samsung galaxy nexus.  I JUST bought an Era.  I'm reading reviews on your forum of some issues with the Era not working properly with the Nexus.  Can you tell me more and if anything is being done to fix the compatibility issues?
 Gibran: So far it is not a known issue, this may be some cases but it is not something that happens everytime
 n: so no problem with Ice Cream Sandwich?  It will work fine with the phone?
 Gibran: One moment please
 Gibran: What is the specific model of your phone?
 n: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
 Gibran: One moment please
 Gibran: There are two the Samsung galaxy nexus, the LTE and the global which one do you have?
 n: I have not yet bought the phone, but I am in UK so perhaps the global.
 Gibran: Ok, one moment please
 Gibran: I was verifying and it is my understanding that the Nexus Global the newest model is compatible
 n: But not the LTE?
 Gibran: As far as i know it is not
 n: Okay thank you for your help.

Jawbone Member
nycebo
0 Kudos

@nikajoy, thanks for the update. It is what I expect as the LTE came out later than the global version of the SGN. Here's hoping that they resolve it shortly.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi nikajoy,

Unfortunately the response you received from the agent is incorrect. As long as the phone has Bluetooth, the Era will work with it. The Samsung galaxy nexus and the LTE  are all Bluetooth equipped and should work well with the Era. Sorry for the confusion, and please let me know if you have any other questions!

JawboneJaimie