ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Member
bmbme
0 Kudos

Jawbone Era will not update, Stuck at 3 or 4%, please help!

Hello,

I recently purchased the Jawbone Era and I've plugged it into my computer and installed the software correctly, but when I try to update the device, the updater gets stuck at 3% or 4% and I've left it go for an hour 3 times.  Is there something wrong with getting the update from Jawbone, or is my device messed up?  Thanks.

Jawbone Enthusiast
German
0 Kudos

Re: Jawbone Era will not update, Stuck at 3 or 4%, please help!

My first suggestion will be to call JAWBONE Customer Care, so they can save your contact profile for a MY TALK agent to call you back and assist You with the issue. This is usually cause by firewalls being active on the computer and blocking the software.

Jawbone Member
sspotts
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, and what was wierd was that it would let me update other things like what the button did, etc. But when I disconnected it after it was stuck at 4% overnight it recited a message that "something is wrong" and said to update via mytalk.

This was on a Windows 7 32-bit machine. I called support and they tried having me do a soft reset, but that didn't work. They never made the promised call back to me afterwards.

I installed the software on an old XP box and lo and behold the update worked fine.  No idea why the Windows 7 box has issues with it.

Jawbone Newbie
poetraveler
0 Kudos

I had this issue and called customer support. They had me disconnect the headset from the USB cable, count four seconds, and plug it back in. Once I plugged it back in, the counter immediately started working again and the installation completed.

Jawbone Newbie
billhahn
0 Kudos

This WORKED FOR ME!!!!  My MyTalk was stuck at 3% while updating.  I UNPLUGGED the Jawbone ERA Bluetooth headset from my Computer USB connection, counted 1-OneThousand, 2-OneThousand, 3-OneThousand, 4-OneThousand, adn plugged it back in.  The Update red status screen started counting up after a few seconds.  If you're having trouble with using MyTalk to update your Jawbone headset using MyTalk, and it's stuck at 3% in the beginning of the red-screen update, then I would try disconnecting it from the computer for a few seconds and reconnecting it while the Red screen is up.  It worked for me.

Jawbone Newbie
billhahn
0 Kudos

BTW: It got temporarily-stuck at about 55%, long enough that I was tempted to disconnect-and-reconnect, but I did NOT and eventually after a minute or two it continued counting up. I recommend being patient after the initial 3% unplug-replug. I ONLY unplugged ONCE in the beginning and left it connected after that.