ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Member
frustrated
0 Kudos

Jawbone Era won't go into pairing mode, reset doesn't work.

I have a Jawbone Prime that I hard reset all the time (because it often says "Stop Using Headset" OK, "Stop Using Headset" OK, "Stop Using Headset"  OK, which doesn't work so I have to remove the headset from my bluetooth devices menu, hard reset, and pair again) using the method mentioned on this forum, so I know it can be done.

My Era however, none of the reset methods on this forum worked, and I still cannot pair. The shake shake to pair is enabled in my settings, and the shaking twice, and even four times did not make it go into pairing mode, neither did the hold talk button, turn on, keep holding until it blinks red and white, nor the connect using USB adapter, hold talk button, release, then pair.

I purchased on 06/09/2011 from Amazon though, would I have to contact them to fix it, or do I contact Jawbone? And how I do that either way?

Jawbone Enthusiast
German
0 Kudos

Re: Jawbone Era won't go into pairing mode, reset doesn't work.

Well there is another method. I would suggest You call in JAWBONE and ask for the instructions to do a MASTER or (SUPER) RESET. that will get your unit in pairing mode.

Jawbone Enthusiast
donato
0 Kudos

master reset

Sir, I bought my era via amazon and now im in the Philippines already. The mic is not working, The person on the other side cant hear me but i can hear them. I tried all the instructions given to me by jawbone support like the resets etc. but the mic is not working. They are asking me to give them a call but its hard from here. They wont give me instructions for a hard reset ...for me to try my luck.

i did this one already....

I’d recommend you perform a reset on your Jawbone headset. We find that this procedure fixes most issues like the one you have been experiencing.  Here are those steps for you below:

1. delete the ERA profile from your phone

2. reset your phone

3. reset your ERA here is a link with the steps: http://aliph.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/225

4. Follow these steps to pair your Jawbone ERA with your phone.

1. Prepare your headset (using the ShakeShake motion or with the TALK button)

Using ShakeShake: Power ON the headset. Activate pairing mode on the headset shaking it 4 times. When the LED starts to flash red and white, the headset is in pairing mode.

Using the TALK button: Start with the headset power OFF. Press and hold the TALK button and slide the power switch ON. Wait for the LED to flash red and white. The headset is in pairing mode.

2. Prepare your phone to search for Bluetooth devices

3. In your phone's Bluetooth settings Add, Search or Scan for devices

4. When Jawbone ERA appears, select it.

5. If asked for a passcode, enter 0000. (some phones will not require a passcode)

AGAIN ...ITS NOT WORKING....( the mic of my era ) ...probably it would work via hard reset ( or any suggestion from you on what to do ) ...dont know how and jawbone support would not email me how....please help. thanks.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Re: master reset

Hi donato,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Jawbone ERA microphone. Our company policy is to nopost hard reset instructions in the Jawbone Forums but we can send the instructions to you over email. We will send you the instructions to the email that you used to register for the forums. Before we send over the hard reset instructions, I'd like to remind you that it is our company policy not to post these instructions on forums or other public channels as the hard reset carries a small risk of potentially making your device unusable.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Member
Stagger_lee69
0 Kudos

I too have the same problem and have considered just placing it under the wheel of my car. I have tried everything except the Master reset. Could an administrator email me the instructions please as I am in Australia and unable to call support.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie

Hi Stagger_lee69,

I'm sorry to hear about troubles with the Jawbone Era. We have actually revised our policy and have now published the factory reset instructions, which you can find here.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Member
Stagger_lee69
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Jaimie. I tried it, but after the 6 button pushes the solid white light just goes off breifly then back on.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Stagger_lee69,

The factory reset requires that you press the button very quickly in order for it to turn red. It takes practice and timing, and isn't the easiest process. Try the reset instructions again, but push the button 6 times rapidly. Please try that and let me know if that worked for you.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Member
Stagger_lee69
0 Kudos

Thanks Jaimie, but I've tried it many times with no result..

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi Stagger_lee69,

Please try going to MyTalk to remove all paired devices. This is under Advanced Settings > Connections. After removing all paired devices through Mytalk, the headset will go to pairing mode once you power it on.

Let me know if this helps!

JawboneJaimie