ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Member
Chaosjr
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Jawbone era Issues, can we update the jawbone era at mytalk?

Hi everyone,

I have questions regarding the Jawbone Era, I hope someone can answer this for me,

I am a first time jawbone user(I bought my Era at 10 March 2012), my mobile phone are Samsung GT-P6800 and BlackBerry 9780.

first time open and use it I cannot use the "Tap-Tap" feature to answer my calls, other function working well, so i check for online trouble shooting and got the possible solution that i need to check and sync my unit at mytalk, when i sync my unit for the first time i got "sync failure" ~ i did retry and complete successfuly after that. however after i complete the sync (my changes are voice to "the bombshell", make some number registration, and activate all feature in advanced setting) the jawbone era cannot be paired with my hmobile phone and keep having the white led blinking in on or off button position.

I tried soft reset and hard reset but nothing seems to work, so I tried to contact jawbone online support team - answered by erik (incident record no 120310-000090).

he ask me to return my unit to the store where i buy and ask for a replacement unit, so the next day (11 Mar 2012) I return the unit and ask for a new replacement.

today 12 Mar 2012 the new replacement arrived (i still cannot use the "tap-tap" to answer my calls) and the shop owner warns me that I cannot update the Jawbone Era at mytalk or same thing will happen again.

so now I am afraid to update it as the store mention that if the unit is broken because update failure he won't accept the return unit again,

Question :

1. is there anyone else with the same update issue? how to do update to my era without crashing it?

2. is there a way for me to turn on the "tap-tap" feature without having to sync the unit at mytalk?

3. is there a way to use Battery meter for Blackberry without having to sync the unit at mytalk?

Jawbone Member
Chaosjr
0 Kudos

Re: Jawbone era Issues, can we update the jawbone era at mytalk?

dear mr Scott,

thank you for reading and replying my post.

I did log in and check as you instructed.

"Hi Leo,
Scott here with the MyTalk team at Jawbone. Our forum moderator passed along your post to me. The issue you had with your previous headset most likely wasn't caused by syncing to MyTalk. No versions of our firmware have an issue that keeps you from being able to turn off or pair your headset so there must have been some sort of physical defect with your original Era. So you should be fine syncing your Era to MyTalk again.
The 'tap tap' function should work right out of the box unless the store owner sold you a used Era. If you're willing I'd like you to try connecting your headset to your computer and log back into your MyTalk account (mytalk.jawbone.com). We're not going to do any syncs initially so don't worry about that. We're just going to check the settings. Once you're logged in click on your Advanced Settings and then click on Edit next to Motion Controls. Is the TapTap feature turned on? Above the Motion Controls you'll see Jawbone Link (you'll need this for the Blackberry battery meter), is this turned on? If either of those are turned off you'll need to turn them on and then click OK.
Let me know if those are turned on and then we'll go from there.
Sincerely,
Scott Jawbone Customer Care"

the result were :

Jawbone link = Off

Motion Controls = all in "ON" position.

please kindly advice for the next step.

thanks

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

HI Chaosjr,

Thanks for sharing your ERA experience on the Forums. I'm going to have a support guru contact you by email to follow-up and help you get your Era working!

JawboneJaimie 

Jawbone Member
Chaosjr

dear Jawbone Support team (especially Mr Scott),

thanks for the support, I try syncing and now it worked perfectly.

I guess it's just i got a malfunctioning era at the first time.

I've done the software upgrade, turned on the link, and change the voice.

regads,

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi Chaosjr,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm happy to hear your ERA is working flawlessly now! Let me know if you have any questions and always enjoy hearing from you on the Forums!

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Member
kmsiddarth
0 Kudos

hi I have bought a jawbone era recently and the updater is always showing that the devices is connecting and when I tried updating the era. IT is struck at 4%. After which it hangs for hours. I have tried soft reset, hard reset, install, unisntall jawbone updater and all possible permuatations of those. Still the result is negative. Someone can help?

Jawbone Member
kmsiddarth
0 Kudos

I tried using all combinations of OS, Mac OSX Mountain Lion and Windows 8 with all possible browsers like Firefox, Safari, chorme and IE10
Jawbone Member
JSeger
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just purchased my ERA and have the same problem. I just connected it to MyTalk and MyTalk says an update is available, but the "Connecting..." message doesn't stop. Seems like it's not connecting.

Did you find a solution?

Jawbone Newbie
tricketts
0 Kudos

Re: Jawbone era Issues, can we update the jaw

I've tried everything suggested in the threads to update my new Era headset. I had one in the past and it worked. I'm not using a USB hub, I'm using a USB 2.0 port, I've uninstalled and re-installed the Mytalk App, I restared the computer between the uninstall and re-install, I reset teh Era, it still freezes at 4%. I even tried to unplug and re-plug it in quickly as suggested in one post. NOTHING WORKS. This is too expensive of a device to have such simple problems. Updating software should not require 3 hours of my time to try every option possible. Please post an answer on line, don't hide behind sending emails off line I don't have time for this.