ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
snorkelman
Accepted Solution

Voice Control + Siri

I'm a new user so perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious.

In installed Voice Control on my Jawbone Era in hopes that I could us Siri on my iPhone 4S.

The docs say pretty clearly:

When installed and not on a call, activate the Voice Control application by pressing and holding the TALK button for 2 seconds until you hear a voice prompt through your headset.

When I press and hold the TALK button, I get a variety of beeps, but I never get a prompt from Siri.

This ability to integrate Siri and my headset was probably my number one purchase factor, but it just doesn't seem to work. I can't actually tell what it is doing.

Anyone have advice on getting this to work?

And yes, I know that Siri really sucks these days. 50% of the request seem to get rejected because the servers are clogged. I'm hoping that this gets better some day. If not, I may switch to a new phone.

- Mark

Jawbone Member
Hoffdog
0 Kudos

Re: Voice Control + Siri

You should hear a variety of beeps. The last two you hear should be the Siri "ding ding". That's your Siri prompt. You don't hear a voice prompt. At least I don't. Not sure what's up with the doc's. 

After the "ding ding" you can speak your request. You are just about spot on about the 50% of requests being rejected or misunderstood.

JSG Jawbone Member
Jawbone Member
JSG

Re: Voice Control + Siri

The solution is as indicated in another reply:  Press & hold talk button for 2 seconds, you will then hear a rapid set of beeps (4-5), then wait a second or two and you will then hear the Siri 'ding-ding'. At that point don't hesitate - speak right away. I find it necessary to be even more meticulous about proper timing and clear distinct speech when using the Jawbone than when speaking directly into the iPhone 4S.  However, once you get the hang of it, the process works quite well.