ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
spasell
0 Kudos

new jawbone era muffled voices issue?

so let me say I love jawbone. I bought the era and excited about new product and I still am. However when I talk from the start of pairing with my phone most people on the other end sound read muffled and I have a very hard time hearing them. They can hear me fine but I struggle to hear them. I turn it up and it's just muffled louder. Any suggestions. ? Noise assassin not working right? any suggestions?
Jawbone Member
Bob_ross
0 Kudos

Re: new jawbone era muffled voices issue?

Same issue here...
Jawbone Member
dufff
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue, has it been resolved?

Jawbone Member
phoenix
0 Kudos

Same for me too.... Also distortion happening....

Jawbone Apprentice
yogflame
0 Kudos

try to reset it, i think its less muffled or i have just got used to it. sometimes though i have hard hearing people.

Maybe only way to check it is to go back to my ICON then ill know for sure.

Jawbone Member
Belzey
0 Kudos

Just bought the Era last week and I am very disappointed. I have been using a Motorola H17 which I had very good luck with. I am on the phone all day which is why I decided to buy a second headset. I needed something to use while the other one was charging. I did my research and the Era seemed like the most technologically advanced right now. I love all of the features, but the sound doesn't even compare to the Motorola headset and it 2 years old.

I have updated the firmware, reset it, and nothing has seemed to make it any better. I'm hoping this is just a software issue and they will resolve it very soon with another update.

For $130 I truly expected a lot better performance.
Jawbone Apprentice
yogflame
0 Kudos

There is an update now that fixed caller id for me. maye the muffled noise too i will know tomorrow when i get some calls.

Jawbone Member
phoenix
0 Kudos

Update has worked for me so far. Only a couple of calls though. FYI distortion seemd to be an earbud issue (size was stressing the speaker??)

Jawbone Apprentice
yogflame
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

So you changed the earbud? And do you mean due to the small hole and big spaker it might have been muffled?

but then do not forget when i first got the era it was not muffled. I only had the muffle problem sometimes after 2nd or 3rd update , when so  i needed to press the headset into the ear and hold to even hear what people say and even then it was hard. Ive got some calls today and didnt have to press it against my ear.

But as i said the muffle problem was never consistent before yesterdays update.only  intermittent.

WHAT I NOTICED is now i need to have volume below middle otherwise it is too loud. I think its too loud but then  i guess maybe old people with hearing problem would like to use this ERA.

Jawbone Member
phoenix
0 Kudos

Earbud seemed to be the cause of my distortion problems. It didnt fit properly in my ear and maybe it was stressing the speaker? Volume didnt help this issue. I dont know , just a theory. Muffeled issue has been resolved by the firware update for me.