ERA

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ERA
Jawbone Newbie
Clarkit
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

"Please wait while new software is being installed, your headset will restart when it is done"

For about the past 3 weeks I have been getting this when I turn on my Jawbone.  It will re-peat over and over until I have to shut it off and re-start it manually.  (I have waited for as long as 15 minutes and no update).  

Anyone having this issue?  If so, any fix?  (paired with an iPhone4)

Jawbone Newbie
jmcinerney6
0 Kudos

Re: "Please wait while new software is being installed, your headset will restart when it is do

Me too. Jawbone on iPhone 4.

Jawbone Enthusiast
kheldour
0 Kudos

Re: "Please wait while new software is being installed, your headset will restart when it is do

Me too, since yesterday, iPhone 4S…

Jawbone Member
kelkin
0 Kudos

This is a known issue acknowledged by Best Buy even though Jawbone support won't acknowledge it, after my 4th exchange for the same issue I finally returned mine and purchased a Plantronics device instead.

-Keith

Jawbone Enthusiast
kheldour

Jawbone support got the issue resolved within two minutes.

A hard reset did work for me:

1. Unpair the headset from your phone

2. Turn off your ERA.

3. Restart your phone and bring it into pairing mode

4. Turn on your ERA and when it starts blinking WHITE press the call-button 7 times

keep it pressed with the 7th push until it starts blinking in pairing mode.

Pair as usual and it should work normally!

Thanks Jawbone team !!!

Jawbone Member
kelkin
0 Kudos

This does not resolve the problem, it will happen again as it did to me several times on several headsets. This is a design flaw which is why the headset was recalled and pulled from best buy's shelves.

-Keith

Jawbone Newbie
BKrause
0 Kudos

Same issue here, turned the Era on while in the truck and before it paired with the phone it said it was updating--and I don't have a smart phone or other Internet connection, so there is no way it could have gotten an update. The last actual update was when I plugged it into the computer around six months ago--I use the wall charger, so it didn't get any information recently.

Jawbone Newbie
nwt303
0 Kudos

Yea, this worked but then it does it again when I turn it on at the beginning of the day. So $142 bucks to go through these steps every day????!!!! Mine conveniently started after the 14 day return policy expired, otherwise I would have returned it and gotten the blueant. For some reason the jawbones just don't work well with the iPhone 4 or 4s. After the online chat told me they didn't have the instructions to walk me through a hard reset. Said I needed to call the support line. Stay tuned. FRUSTRATING!!!!
Jawbone Newbie
rpadole
0 Kudos

Was able to resolve the issue by doing a soft reset of the ERA.

You will need the AC adapter.  Plug in the mini-USB end.  Hold down the power button and then plug in.  Once it turns red, release the button.  Should blink.  That should do it.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Kelkin,
We're sorry for any confusion that message may have caused. The first time you sync your Era to the latest firmware with our MyTalk site your headset has to do a self update process. When you unplug the Era from the computer and turn it on it will speak that message and flash red for about 60 seconds and then go back into its usual state. If you turn it off at any time during the 60 seconds before the process finishes  it will start over the next time you turn it on so make sure the process completes.
If for some reason your Era gives that message at some point other than after you've finished a MyTalk sync then give us a call at 1800-JAWBONE 6am – 7pm and we can try some further troubleshooting.

JawboneJaimie