ICON

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ICON
Jawbone Member
Wesshaw
0 Kudos

Flashing Red Light and No Power - Icon

I have had my Icon for about 2 months and have had absolutely no problems with it until last week.  I plugged it in to charge at night and the icon started flashing red.  I took it off the charger the next morning and it was still flashing red and wouldn't turn on.  I cruised through this forum and found 2 reset options: 1) The one with the wall charger and the talk button.  2) The one where you press the talk button 6 times fast and hold on the 7th.  Neither of these methods did anything but instill false hope =/.  It has been on the charger for the past 2 weeks so there's no chance it's dead unless the battery needs replacing.

Jawbone Member
Wesshaw
0 Kudos

Re: Flashing Red Light and No Power - Icon

Yeah, I have been a loyal jawbone customer since the first generation... but I'd have to say that I am returning this product and I doubt I will give it another try.  Not only does the product not work but apparently neither does the support staff.

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

We are sorry to hear that your ICON has stopped functioning properly and we would like to assist you in resolving this so you can have a good, working Jawbone.  If you would like to get in touch with our support staff please contact us directly at 1-800-JAWBONE.  You're also welcome to send me a private message through the Forum by clicking on my avatar and then selecting the "Send this User a Private Message" option on the right hand side.

Please know that we are always happy and eager to assist our customers in any way possible; we also, however, try to allow the Jawbone Forums to be an environment where Jawbone customers can communicate freely with one another, with minimal interference from Aliph.  The Jawbone Forums are not necessarily linked with our Customer Care Center. 

Our support staff is standing by and is looking forward to hearing from you.

Jawbone Member
hawaiipt
0 Kudos

I had the throbbing red light issue & bluetooth would connect & disconnect repetitively with iPhone 3. Called customer support & issue was resolved. Here's what I did step by step:

1. Disconnect bluetooth connection with iPhone

2. Reset all settings on iPhone - you will not lose any data, but will need to reload Internet connection & password.

3. Do the outlet test where with Jawbone Icon turned off you connect to charger & hold down talk button while plugging in.

4. Remove Jawbone Icon from charger & turn it on.

5. Do 7 press reset: press quickly six times until flashes red, then press seventh time & hold in until flashes red and white.

6. Go to iPhone & set up bluetooth connection. I was not required to load the four zero's to reestablish connection but tech advised I may need to do that. 

7. Test connection - mine worked fine; issue resolved. 

Downside: I had to have IT reestablish my work connection to wireless and I suspect I'll have to do the same at home; so make sure you know your wireless passwords. 

Jawbone Newbie
lesliere
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm having this same problem.  I've had every generation of jawbone and I've had this one for several months without issue.  I have tried every reset option and still I can't get the red light to stop flashing and the headset won't work.  Please help.  Thanks.

Jawbone Newbie
macubergeek
0 Kudos

I called customer support for this same problem today.  They were great tried doing the reset with the power cord and after that failed  are sending me a replacement.

Warrenty is a year, call them if you are having this problem.

Jawbone Newbie
bwill79
0 Kudos

Firstly i thought for a bit that i had done something wrong but clearly i didn't because this issue is common. Secondly  this reset option is rediculous to execute. simply needs to be a better way.

Third. i bought my icon off amazon less than a month ago. would that still be covered under a warrantee? does anyone know?

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Hi bwill79,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your ICON. A Jawbone product purchased directly from Amazon.com (with goods provided by Amazon LLC) is covered under the Jawbone Manufacturer's Warranty for one year from the date of purchase.

You can find the terms of the Warranty at http://www.jawbone.com/support/icon/warranty.

Please give us a call in the support center at 1-877-ALIPHCO (1-877-254-7426) (US & Canada toll-free) or email us at info@aliph.com so that we can assist you with your warranty Claim.

Thank You!
JawboneEmma

Jawbone Member
Ktawfik
0 Kudos

I have to say that I am really disappointed at Jawbone. I have the Icon headset and experienced the same exact issue. I saw this thread and called customer support to fix the problem. The gentleman told me that it can't be fixed and needs to be replaced

He asked me for the serial number which I gave. He verified it and then sent me email asking me for the invoice to verify warranty - I purchased mine in Feb 2011

I sent the invoice from Amazon.com. Next thing I know is that I receive an email from Jawbone support saying that I am not eligible for replacement since I bought from an unknown retailer through Amazon

I got really disappointed. How come they verified my serial? Obviously I have same issue as others here as well. I guess I will never buy a Jawbone product again
Jawbone Enthusiast
buyerbeware
0 Kudos

how is this possible? I purchased mine from newegg and your company refused to help me, amazon is not listed as one of your supported retailers and that was your company's excuse for not helping me with my dead prime.