ICON

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ICON
Jawbone Member
mimitam
0 Kudos

JAWBONE ICON connected to PC. How to set it up as PC's audio in/out?

I connected my Jawbone ICON to my laptop running Windows 7.

I wanted to instead using a wired headset, use the Jawbone as the wireless headse for the computers audio-in and audio-out . How can I set it up?

Thanks

Jawbone Newbie
jkpatter
0 Kudos

Cannot use ICON with my Windows 7 PC

I was able to pair my ICON with my Windows 7 64bit PC, but it is not working because it said it could not successfully install or find the driver it needed.  Can you tell me where I can find the driver I need.  The ICON now shows up as a device, but I cannot use it with my PC.  My intent is to use it with Skype and my VOIP.  Is this available for the icon?

Jawbone Nerd
jbde
0 Kudos

Re: JAWBONE ICON connected to PC. How to set it up as PC's audio in/out?

[ Edited ]

If you wish to use the jawbone headset in Windows 7, you need to assign the Playback and Recording to the Bluetooth interface on your PC. Go to Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound. Look at the Playback tab and the Recording tab. If Bluetooth is listed, select it and make it default.

Jawbone Newbie
Ichne
0 Kudos

Hello, firstly sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany^^

than I have to tell that I have already looked for a solution about 3 hours, but I can't find anything anywhere!! I would like to you my Era on the way, but when I follow the given "link" Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound(the german version of the link;-)), I have no Bluetooth Device, which I could select. 

So my question:How can I connect my Jawbone Era with my Laptop/PC???

Furthermore: My Era connects with MyTalk and my Pc already found it, but I have no chance to select it for audio in- or output.

Please help me, otherwise I will have to give it back. Thanking you in advance for helping me.

Jawbone Newbie
Ichne

for all poor guys which suffer on the same way^^:

1.install that driver(i have no idea, whether  that was crucial):Broadcom.com - Bluetooth Software Download

2. turn off the "Bluetooth Adapter" and turn it on again(i don't know any longer, whether I had connect the Era via Bluetooth or via USB during turning on)

3. than there should be a new desktop icon with the name of your Era

Hope I could help you:smileywink:

Jawbone Member
vitalresponse
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot use ICON with my Windows 7 PC

i am looking for the very same answer.

Jawbone Nerd
jbde
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot use ICON with my Windows 7 PC

Windows is looking for an updated driver for your computers built-in Bluetooth interface, and not a driver for the ICON. If you're computer uses a broadcom bluetooth (which is likely), see this link: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Jawbone Member
magictiny
0 Kudos

I have a similar issue

I have updated the Jawbone Icon to the latest release

I have paired it with my Windows7 laptop

I get the sound working fine on my Avaya OneX Communicator

but

To I do not get the sound from media player, Office Communicator etc. the level indicator says that it is playing but the Icon is silent...

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Hello magictiny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting play back on your ICON when paired with your computer. If the ICON is functioning correctly with other devices there may be settings that need adjusting either on your computer or for the individual programs. For questions concerning individual software or hardware concerns you may need to contact the developers or manufacturers directly.

If you need help with pairing your ICON or with settings for your ICON I would be more than happy to assist you with that.

Thank You.
-JawboneEmma

Jawbone Member
WMatt
0 Kudos

Pairing Icon with PC / Windows 7 x64

Hey All,

Just obtained an Icon headset, and I'm trying to pair it with my computer.  Can't seem to find the proper bluetooth drivers though.  Are they on Jawbone's website?

My bluetooth adapter is a "Microsoft Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth 2.0, model 1003"

Anyone have experience successfully pairing your Icon with Windows 7?  Thanks!