ICON

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ICON
Jawbone Member
misifus
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Jawbone Icon does not charge

My Jawbone Icon suddenly after 9 months does not charge at all. I have tried through USB and charger for more than 6 hours and without a charge. However when it is plugged in both cases, the red light blinks for ever. When I connect it to the PC, the  red light blinks but it is not recognized as connected by the PC. Does it last 9 months only??

Jawbone Member
sphere
0 Kudos

Re: Jawbone Icon does not charge

I have the exact same problem!!

I have the Icon for about 3 month and I had the problem from day 1. but after a day it solved (dont know how) and after a month it wont charge at all.

the red light blinks. i tried leaving it for 1 hour and 24 houbut nothing...

is there any solution for this?

I can see that you got no answer for this problem and it seems to be a major problem with this model.

Jawbone Member
Dawnzo
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same problem and I just got mine four months ago for Christmas.  The red light just keeps flashing forever and it never charges or turns on.  It's troubling that there are no responses or suggestions for this obviously common problem. 

Jawbone Member
misifus
0 Kudos

Jawbone Member
sphere
0 Kudos

well, i got an answer to my mail (the answer is bellow)

but it didnt help.

when i tried replying the email, it says the address is not repliable. when i tried issuing a new complaint, the system refuse to take it.

this is so messed up. there is no real answer to this known issue many has and it seems that the company is avoiding helping its customers. real shame.

i dont know what about you guys but im about to take this to the next level

Jawbone Member
xamixalis
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I purchased mine before Christmas 2010 (like Dawnzo) from Greece. Any news for the problem?

Jawbone Member
Dawnzo
0 Kudos

UPDATE-- I called the service # (877-254-7426).  They were very friendly and talked me through the reboot procedure.  (Plug charger into the wall, but disconnect the cord.  Connect the cord to your Jawbone, then hold down the talk button.  Keep holding down the talk button and plug the other end of the cord into the charger and wait for the red light to start flashing.  Once it starts flashing, disconnect the Jawbone and try turning it on)  It SHOULD turn on after this, but after two tries, mine still did not.

They are replacing my Jawbone Icon now after I have emailed them a copy of my receipt.  I recommend you all try calling the service line, as they are very helpful!

Jawbone Member
xamixalis

[ Edited ]

I emailed Jawbone support team through Contact Us page.

I selected Troubleshooting as category and Charging , Won't Charge as subcategories.

They were very helpful and they answered with some possible solutions. One of them (headset reset) solved my problem. The reset can  be done, following the next procedure (from the Jawbone support team reply):

Please also try to reset your headset.  To reset your Jawbone, please start with the charger removed from any power source and connect the Jawbone to the micro-USB charging adapter.  Next, please hold the Jawbone's Talk button while connecting the charger to a power source (either a good wall outlet or a USB port into a computer with good power).  Once the charger is fully connected to the power source please release the Talk button.  You should see the red light flash on and then continue to glow/pulse.

Once the reset has been performed, if the red light appears, please allow the Jawbone to charge fully until the solid white LED light shows; this should take about ninety minutes.  Then, please use the Jawbone normally until the battery drains completely (the headset will begin to beep once every two minutes) and note how much talk time and standby time you get from a full charge.

Jawbone Newbie
craig
0 Kudos

thank you for the information. tried what they repied to you and so far so good. i followed the procedure and it appeared to be working, i checked and my icon turned on for the first time in 2 days