ICON

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ICON
Jawbone Member
skyliner57
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Using ICON with samsung galaxy S 3

Just upgraded to samsung s3 from droidX. was using the ICON with the droid and it worked great... Now not to happy with it on the galaxy siii.

have updated the ICON software on MY talk and also installed and activated jawbone companioin on the phone and icon. (I miss the "Voice command" feature of the other system....,

The samsung S voice cannot even find correct names in the contact list...

does any one know of a voice command app. that works with the s iii and ICON?

I'm thinking it was a mistake to upgrade!!!

Jawbone Newbie
wuziq
0 Kudos

Re: Using ICON with samsung galaxy S 3

i just got the galaxy s relay. i found out that holding the button on my icon brings up s voice as well. i was actually kinda surprised it did, because on my previous android phone, it only brought up the plain old voice dialer. out of curiosity, did the voice dialer come up on your droid? or was it the google voice commands thing? i'm not entirely sure how the icon links with voice command/dialer apps.. it doesn't seem to just automatically work with any of them (except for s voice, in our case...).
Jawbone Newbie
wuziq

Re: Using ICON with samsung galaxy S 3

ok, i just installed "assistant" by speaktoit, free from android play. i opened it, and in the settings, i enabled bluetooth. then i long-press my icon's button, and my phone prompts me whether to open assistant or s voice.

so, give assistant a try. it's pretty sick, actually. i think it's built on top of google's voice search, cuz when the "speak now" window comes up, you can go into the config menu by pressing the wrench icon, and it's the config for google voice search, including personalized recognition. this app appears to be in active development as well.

hope this helps!