ICON

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ICON
Jawbone Member
cmgiii
0 Kudos

Voice Dailing problem

I have a Jawbone Icon which is paired to a Blackberry Curve.  This is the second Icon I've had...the first one worked well, but accidentally got crushed.  The problem is that when I use the Icon and try and voice dial it seems unable to understand certain letters..."V" for voicemail, for example, may become "Call Mollie Jones?".  I've removed the battery and re-paired multiple times, reloaded the software from the MyTalk site, etc., but nothing works.  This is extremely aggravating because I use the phone for work while I'm driving, and purchased the replacement Icon because my earlier experience was great  Any help would reduce my blood pressure...:smileyhappy:.

Jawbone Member
cmgiii
0 Kudos

Re: Voice Dialing problem

That would be voice "dialing"...

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Re: Voice Dialing problem

Hi cmgiii,

Thanks for writing in. When you press and hold the Talk button on the Icon it opens up an audio channel to your phone's voice dialing capabilities. The Icon itself doesn't do the voice recognition, that's all done on your phone, so resetting or reloading the firmware on the Icon will not have any effect as far as that goes.

I have 2 suggestions to get the best results when voice dialing: 1. Make sure the voice activation sensor is resting securely on your cheek. This will ensure the phone gets the highest clarity of your voice and 2. Try to over enunciate. This sounds obvious I know but, while voice recognition software on phones is getting better, it still needs the help of extra clarity at times.

I hope this does the trick for you!

JawboneJaimie