ICON

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

ICON
Jawbone Member
DamitDan
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

"Time" and "Talk time remaining" announcements are barely audible & staticy when using single click

I'm having a strange problem with my Jawbone Icon,  No matter which AudioApp I have tried, the "You have x hours of talk-time remaining" and time-announcements voice is barely audible and full of static, and is different from the AudioApp theme voice.  Sounds like the default voice.  This didn't happen until I applied the latest update through http://mytalk.jawbone.com.  The voice was loud and clear when I single-clicked the talk button on my Icon before the update.

At the same time I installed the update, I also installed the Jawbone Companion on my Android phone.  This app allows me to change what the single-click announcement says and lets me choose time, time/battery-life, or just battery-life.  The voice that can be configured through this app is the one I'm talking about.  It just sounds so bad!

So far I have tried:

• Reset the Icon using 6-click method.

• Disabled a2dp.

• Installing different AudioApps.

• Resyncing the "default" AudioApp (the 'Be Original' one).

• Uninstalling the Jawbone Companion android app.

I found a somewhat similar issue posted at: http://forums.jawbone.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Jambox-Battery-Announcements-do-not-match-the-Audio...  While he isn't having a problem with the volume/clarity of the announcement voice, he says that it's a voice different than the one that announces calls, powerup and other things the AudioApp announcer says.  Those seem to be fine.

Sorry to be long winded, but I just want to be descriptive.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

-Dan

Jawbone Enthusiast
JawboneLisa
0 Kudos

Re: "Time" and "Talk time remaining" announcements are barely audible & stat

Thank you for your feedback regarding the issues you are having with audio in Android Companion.  The application does currently only use the default voice, which may be different than the voice you hear for-non Companion features if you have changed to use one of the other AudioApps.

The volume and static issue you are seeing is not expected behavior though.  What Android handset are you using?

Jawbone Member
DamitDan
0 Kudos

Re: "Time" and "Talk time remaining" announcements are barely audible & staticy

Thanks for your reply.  I just fixed this.

I unpaired the JB-Icon from my phone & used mytalk web app to unpair phone from the JB-Icon, so both devices were unpaired.  At mytalk web app I disabled "jawbone link" and selected a different AudioApp.  Then I rebooted my phone and paired with the JB again.  After that, I single-click on the JB button and it just tells me how much talk time I have remaining, in the AudioApp theme voice.

I think it was just the Jawbone Companion android app that made that strange stuff happen.  From what I could tell, there were no audio settings in the Companion app for the time/battery-life announcements.  Maybe it's a minor incompatibility issue with the Optimus M android device I have.

Thank you,

Dan

Jawbone Newbie
rickmamo
0 Kudos

Same problem here, Using Sprint HTC Evo with android 2.3.5.

I installed a custom voice and it was working fine, suddenly it began cutting off the time and only speaking the remaining talk time, it got progressively worse, to where I only heard "ime remaining" and now nothing but every few attempts to clcik the talk button once  i get the time remaining but no time as before...i didnt change anything but i do have to repair every time i turn the unit on. I too have heard the static crusted voice. I'm going to try the soft reset but based on the prior poster's attempts at the factory reset i suspect it is Not going to solve my problem, Please Help!

Jawbone Newbie
rickmamo
0 Kudos

Jawbone Era

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi rickmamo,

Sorry to hear about your announcements! Please email Customer Support at info@aliph.com to further troubleshoot your ERA.

JawboneJaimie