Accepted Solution

Can't find device drivers for Jambox

Running Windows 7 on Macbook 15. Pairs fine when I am in Mac OS

Jawbone Enthusiast
Queue
0 Kudos

Re: Can't find device drivers for Jambox

[ Edited ]

There aren't really any device drivers for the Jambox (at least not for the audio and headset funcionality).  You need to make sure that your bluetooth drivers are configured properly.  Do you have any other bluetooth devices?  Do they work with win7 on your Macbook?

(edit: added parenthetic for calrity)

Jawbone Member
cooljw
0 Kudos

I had this same issue today. There are some generic (?) USB drivers that get installed when you first plug in your Jambox. I tried plugging it into a different PC and it was fine.

What eventually worked for me was uninstalling the Jawbone updater, then reinstalling it. After that my PC was able to interact with the Jambox fine.

Jawbone Nerd
jbde
0 Kudos

cooljw wrote:

I had this same issue today. There are some generic (?) USB drivers that get installed when you first plug in your Jambox. I tried plugging it into a different PC and it was fine.

What eventually worked for me was uninstalling the Jawbone updater, then reinstalling it. After that my PC was able to interact with the Jambox fine.

The MyTALK/Updater USB drivers is different than the driver required for pairing with WIndows 7 (original post). If you want to pair a bluetooth headset with Windows 7, you do not need a driver for the headset.

Jawbone Member
Mindfull1
0 Kudos

My mouse is bluetooth and it works fine. In re to jambox:

1. I have opened Device Manager

2. I have found 'Other Devices'

3. I open 'Update Driver'

4. I choose the 'Let Me Pick Drvier From  List of Devices' option.

5.  I find 'Jawbone Devices' 

6. Two drivers listed here: Command, and Update

7. When see install option, get a Windows 7 warning window:' Windows cannot verify this driver...installing may cause your computer not to work'

Are these the right drivers to install, or will they cause an unwanted problem?

Jawbone Enthusiast
vlovich
0 Kudos

I would not recommend doing it manually.  If you run the installer, it should install the correct drivers for you.  If you need to grab the installer again, you can visit MyTalk & if your updater isn't running it'll give you a link to retry downloading the installer.

As others have mentioned, the drivers are only necessary for MyTalk functionality of the updater.  If you are attempting to use the bluetooth capability of your Jawbone device, you do not need to install any software or drivers from Jawbone.  You do need to have bluetooth properly enabled on your machine (driver installation may be necessary).

Hope this helps.

Jawbone Member
Mindfull1
0 Kudos

When look at bluetooth devices listing in Windows, I choose Jawbone Jambox which is listed as an icon

Windows says that device needs troubleshooting

Troubleshooting says Install Driver: Apply Fix

Windows says Resolving Problem, Installing Driver

Windows then says: Driver NOT successfully installed- no driver found

My simple question is this: Where on the web can I find the driver I need to install? BTW- Jawbone support tells me that this is not their problem to solve.

Jawbone Member
Mindfull1
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention- it is the bluetooth capability that I am looking for.

Jawbone Enthusiast
khanrangel
0 Kudos

Sounds like a windows problem, since it's running fine on MacOS. Have you tried connecting other devices via-bluetooth to your computer running WinOS?

Jawbone Member
Mindfull1
0 Kudos

Yes- all of my other bluetooth devices run fine. Example: mouse