New Jambox bluetooth will pair promptly with our Macbook Pro, IPhone4S and IPhone3G with excellent quality. The bluetooth connection on IPad2 will not pair. The IPad2 shows the device as "Jambox by Jawbone" but when pairing is attempted, the message "Connection Unsuccessful" appears on IPad2 screen. The note says to make sure the Jambox is turned on and in range. Obviously, the Jambox is on and within range because the other devices will pair. The IPad2 is WiFi only and latest IOS 5.0.1 software is installed.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I did the reboot and attempt to reconnect. No change and no connection. I tried to connect IPad before any other device was attempted. Why is IPad different than the other successful connections?
The Jambox shouldn't behave differently with the iPad than it does with your other iDevices. Because it works fine with everything else there may be something going on with the iPad's Bluetooth. If you have another Bluetooth device laying around give that a try with the iPad. If you get the same results you'll probably want to check in with Apple.
Just received my jambox as a present. I got my iPad for Christmas, so I was really looking forward to this. Questions:
1. does a full first charge have to be done in order to "pair"?
2. Can pairing take place while the box is in charge mode?
3. I get the blinking lights, but no voice saying pairing can take place. What next?
4. I followed your instructions for rebooting the iPad. Still no "pairing". What's next?
5. When the box is set in the middle setting, there is much noise and static. What does this indicate?
6. I had a terrible time even finding the correct forum question. When you answer this, I do hope that I am connected directly to the answer.
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble pairing your JAMBOX to your iPad2. Can you tell me if your iPad 2 is recognizing your JAMBOX when it begins to flash red and white?
Will you try pressing some buttons on the JAMBOX and let me know if you hear any voice prompts?
I've tried every suggeswtion, including making sure my keyboard not only was not connected, but was taken off completely. Noise and static when light is blue/white. ONLY has lights when it is plugged in. How do you tell it's holding a charge? You know, I started this back and forth a week ago. Isn't there a faster way to get some assistance? I'd really, really like to be able to use the jambox. Is it malfunctioning?
My iPad has an iOS 5 so I know that's not the problem.
© 2013 Jawbone.