JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
BoulderNut
0 Kudos

Cannot Pair Jambox with IPad2

New Jambox bluetooth will pair promptly with our Macbook Pro, IPhone4S and IPhone3G with excellent quality.  The bluetooth connection on IPad2 will not pair.  The IPad2 shows the device as "Jambox by Jawbone" but when pairing is attempted, the message "Connection Unsuccessful" appears on IPad2 screen.  The note says to make sure the Jambox is turned on and in range.  Obviously, the Jambox is on and within range because the other devices will pair.  The IPad2 is WiFi only and latest IOS 5.0.1 software is installed.

Thanks, John

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Re: Cannot Pair Jambox with IPad2

[ Edited ]
Hi BoulderNut,

Thanks for writing in. Let's try a few things and see if we can get this working for you. The first thing I'd like you to do is soft reset your iPad. To do that hold down the Home key in front and the Sleep key on top until you see the Apple logo (while holding those downs you'll see a slider to turn it off, ignore that and just keep holding until you see the Apple). Once that comes up put your Jambox into pairing mode by holding the On/Off switch to its highest position until it announces it's in pairing mode. Back on the iPad go to Settings->General->Bluetooth and you should see 'Jambox by Jawbone'. Click on that and see if it pairs up this time. 
If it still gives you trouble make sure the Jambox isn't connected to any of your other devices when you start. The iPad will only connect to the Jambox's A2DP (high quality stereo) channel so if another device is grabbing that it may be keeping it from fully pairing.

JawboneJaimie
Jawbone Member
BoulderNut
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did the reboot and attempt to reconnect.  No change and no connection.  I tried to connect IPad before any other device was attempted.  Why is IPad different than the other successful connections?

Thanks,

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi BoulderNut,

The Jambox shouldn't behave differently with the iPad than it does with your other iDevices. Because it works fine with everything else there may be something going on with the iPad's Bluetooth. If you have another Bluetooth device laying around give that a try with the iPad. If you get the same results you'll probably want to check in with Apple.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Member
shubeteach
0 Kudos

Just received my jambox as a present. I got my iPad for Christmas, so I was really looking forward to this. Questions:

1. does a full first charge have to be done in order to "pair"?

2. Can pairing take place while the box is in charge mode?

3. I get the blinking lights, but no voice saying pairing can take place. What next?

4. I followed your instructions for rebooting the iPad. Still no "pairing". What's next?

5. When the box is set in the middle setting, there is much noise and static. What does this indicate?

and finally,

6. I had a terrible time even finding the correct forum question. When you answer this, I do hope that I am connected directly to the answer.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi shubeteach,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble pairing your JAMBOX to your iPad2. Can you tell me if your iPad 2 is recognizing your JAMBOX when it begins to flash red and white? 

Will you try pressing some buttons on the JAMBOX and let me know if you hear any voice prompts?

Thank you!
JawboneJaimie 

Jawbone Member
shubeteach
0 Kudos

No voice prompt. Does not "recognize" iPad. Jambox doesh not seem to hold a charge so it only has flashing lights when it is plugged in. Static style noises when it is in "on" position. I've tried pressing jall buttons on top and have tried different configurations of the sliding buttons on the side.
Jawbone Newbie
Rkbethel

I had some of the same issues with my iPad 3 and the jambox - until I realized that maybe I had other devices already connected to the jambox via bluetooth. I checked and sure enough my phone was connected. Once I turned the BT off on phone I paired up to iPad right away. Hope this helps!
Jawbone Member
shubeteach
0 Kudos

I've tried every suggeswtion, including making sure my keyboard not only was not connected, but was taken off completely. Noise and static when light is blue/white. ONLY has lights when it is plugged in. How do you tell it's holding a charge? You know, I started this back and forth a week ago. Isn't there a faster way to get some assistance? I'd really, really like to be able to use the jambox. Is it malfunctioning?

My iPad has an iOS 5 so I know that's not the problem. 

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi shubeteach,

Will you check your private messages at this time. I have some follow-up questions for you.

Thank you!
JawboneJaimie