JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
travisfry
0 Kudos

Disappointed in the Product

This post is just out of frustration.  I purchased the small Jambox and I am disappointed in the sound quality of the product.  After watching the advertising video on the company's website, this product seemed unreal with the sound quality.  The advertising video displayed the Jambox being used in different settings and producing high quality sound.  After purchasing the product, it does not live up to the expectation set by the company’s advertising video.  I put it in my living room and the sound barely dominates that space.  It can reach an “ok” volume, but there is no bass or great sound that comes from the speaker.  For $200 (expensive) and after watching the video, I was expecting/hoping for a lot more. I had a friend purchase the Big Jambox, and the quality of sound produced by that speaker was excellent.  The Big Jambox wasn't an option when I purchased the small Jambox.  I just wish there was a way to return the small Jambox for the Big Jambox (and of course pay for the difference in price). I understand that I am out of the 60 return/warranty and the risk the customer has when purchasing a product, but it would be nice for an exception to satisfy a customer who spent a lot of money for the product.

For others who read this forum, are you satisfied with the quality of the sound produced by the small Jambox?  Maybe I am on an island by myself.

Jawbone Enthusiast
darickster

Re: Disappointed in the Product

True, I bought it for the same reason. It still is the best portable speaker in means of size/sound output. I ended up going for a Libratone which is amazing (on a hefty prize tag ), but hear the Big Jambox also is amazing (i havent heard it though).

Saw this video yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsb54mb-Qf0

I understand thats not your intention with this post, still the jambox has its uses (for me)
Jawbone Newbie
Seagull01

I'm surprised you're disappointed. I've had mine for 6 months now and I'm delighted. Are you aware of the "Live Audio" function on it? If you want quality, turn this on. If you want more volume, turn it off. I work in a medium sized office with four co-workers and if I put my Jambox (small one) on loud, it's plenty to annoy all the others and cause them to ask me to turn it down. The volume does depend to some extent on the track. I find some of my MP3's (playing from my iPhone) are much quieter than others. My friend says there is a way you can record them all to the same level, but I haven't got that far yet. But some are very loud. Also, I find the bass depends on where you situate the Jambox. Put it on a resonating surface fairly close to a wall and you'll get all the bass you need. Happy listening!

Jawbone Newbie
808keith
0 Kudos

Really disappointed as well in this product.  I've exchanged two units, initial purchase on Saturday and now today, Sunday.  First one speakers where speakers were defective.  Current unit won't even charge or sync.  You would think to expect quality product for the amount you pay for a small unit, but when two new units fail in two days you wonder about their quality control.  Maybe third time is a charm?  who knows...

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 509
Solutions: 410
0 Kudos

808keith,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Have you received your new unit yet?

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!