JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
jmcorey620
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

How to repair Jawbone

I have broken the slot where the charger inserts into the Jawbone. My Jawbone is still under warranty, but I am not as much concerned as to who will pay for the repair costs, as much as how and where I can get it repaired, as soon as possible,

thanks

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 487
Solutions: 411
0 Kudos

Re: How to repair Jawbone

Hi jmcorey620,

Thanks for posting on the forum! I have just sent you a private message with more information about getting a replacement JAMBOX.

Thanks,

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Member
stevetakashima

I have done the same thing.  My jambox fell while plugged in and the piece in the center broke out.  How do I get it repaired?

Steve

JawboneAlex
0 Kudos

Hi stevetakashima,

Sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, Jawbone does not offer repairs and our Warranty does not cover accidental damages. 

Sorry!
JawboneAlex 

Jawbone Member
stevetakashima
0 Kudos

JawboneAlex,

My daughter just got her jawbone and really likes it.  She was showing it to me and the powercord was plugged in.  I caught the cord with my foot and the piece in the middle of the usb mini connector broke out.  Is there no way to fix it.  I got it apart and it appears that a small board can be replaced.  Is there no way to get that i/o board?  Really could use your help.  My daughter is really upset.  Any ideas at all would help.

Thank you,

Steve 

Jawbone Member
snaffy
0 Kudos

Here is a video detailing the process of resoldering the USB connector onto the Jambox.  I am about to receive my replacement Jambox from a failed USB connector and I expect to someday have to perform this work myself on the new Jambox once the 90 day warranty expires.  Do this only when you don't have an existing warranty as it will void the warranty once you open it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5APtwqtEps

Jawbone Member
snaffy
0 Kudos

Found this too:

1. Remove Rubber Top and Bottom. Pressure fit.
2. remove 6 T6 screws on top, two are located near 3 flex-buttons. These two are longer.

3. You will notice 8 "tabs" - DO NOT pry these up. They are built into grill. Instead slip something thin and rigid between the grill and plastic at the button/usb end, and bend the grill up slightly so it ever-so-slightly clears the USB port, etc... then PUSH the brick OUT the other side AWAY from the tabs mentioned above. It all comes out as one unit, leaving the tabs unbent.
4. remove 8 T6 screws on back (not the speaker side) These will be the LONGEST T6 screws, and they have blue loktite on them.
5. removed 8 T6 screws on speaker side. These will be "medium length" and will also have blue loktite on them.
6. You can now pop apart the two halves, though really the soeaker half is 2/3 of the depth. BE CAREFUL. There are wires that connect the two parts, and the button panel on top has to be regarded when separating.
7. There is one final T6 to remove just under the metal "spring" clip on the black plastic part that holds the side buttons/usb port. It holds the circuit board where the loose USB port was. Take that screw out, and now the USB board is loose. It is held on bu pressure clips to ribbon cables, and can be popped off. They will reattach easily once your USB port is solderd back on.

Jawbone Member
stevetakashima
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information on repairing the usb connector.  I appreciate it.  Unfortunately, when I caught the cord with my foot, I was moving quickly.  The cord pulled the a couple solder pads off the board so the larger pads to secure the connector are on the connector.  I was hoping to find a replacement board since I'm not sure all the traces are in tact. 

steve

Jawbone Newbie
robtcst
0 Kudos

mine is out of warranty and the charging port just pushed into the body of the device. What now? am i SOL?

JawboneAlex
0 Kudos

Hi robtcst,

Sorry to hear that! When did you purchase your JAMBOX?

Let me know,

JawboneAlex