JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
itrex
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Jambox : How to reset to Factory Settings

Hello.

I've got some problems with my Jambox.

It worked OK for 2 hours but then turned very quiet (understatement).

I've reinstalled different voices (MyTalk Apps), made both iphone and Jambox forget about each other.

The only way I get it to work : plug the 3.5 mm jack cable, power on the jambox, start the iphone music over BT and then, only then, disconnect the 3.5 mm cable...The connection seems stable but then, I'm not impressed by the sound volume...

I'd like ot try to reset the jambox to factory settings, before the firmware 2.0.

Is there a way ?

thanks for your answer.

Jawbone Member
itrex
0 Kudos

Re: Jambox : How to reset to Factory Settings

Hello.

Was the question unclear ?

May I request an answer ?...

tks

Jawbone Nerd
JawboneMichelle
0 Kudos

Hi itrex,

Thanks for posting in the Jawbone Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your new JAMBOX.

We just released a new 2.1 update for the JAMBOX which may help with the problems you are having. To get the new update, just visit MyTALK.

If you need any additional assistance, please post here or give us a call. Our Product and Technical Support number in France is +33 (0)1 57 32 35 37 and it is open from Monday through Friday from 8:00am through 5:00pm.

JawboneMichelle

Jawbone Member
itrex
0 Kudos

Hello.

finally, I got it replaced by a new unit. 

It is now operating as I expected.

The 2.1 firmware is great for its ability to switch on/off the live audio...

Great little thing !!!

Jawbone Newbie
getnani
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle...

I have had no issues with jambox so far.

However, when I try to update the Jambox to 2.1, I am not able to do it.

It gives me the following error:

UPDATE FAILURE

Update did not complete.

Your Jawbone may not be in a working condition.

e_fw_server_download_error

I am using the Jawbone updater with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2, Safari Version 5.1.1 (7534.51.22)

Is this issue known? Is there a fix/ get around for it?

It looks like the JAMBOX is untouched by the update. Thank GOD, it didn't brick my JAMBOX.

Jawbone Member
smhyden
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with syncing my jambox. I get the same error message. I uninstalled / reinstalled the updater and tried again to no avail. I'm using Win XP 2002 SP3.

My sound was great for a few days then started distorting. I 'd like to get the update ver. 2.1 so I can toggle Live Audio on / off to see if that makes a difference. I cant get the update if the jambox wont sync.

I hope someone can help trouble shoot this one for me and getnani.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi smhyden, I'm sorry to hear you're having syncing and sound issues with your Jambox. There are different things that cause sync failures. If you can let me know what percentage the sync is failing at, I can give you some ideas to try to get it up and running. As far as the sound distortion issue, in what situations are you getting distortion? Are you connected through the audio cable or over Bluetooth? If you're connected with the audio cable you'll want to set your source sound to a high level and then adjust the Jambox to the desired loudness. It can distort in that situation if you turn it up to high though. If you're connected through Bluetooth you'll want to make sure the Jambox is within 33 feet of the source in order to get the best sound.

Let me know what percentage the sync is failing at, and I will try to better understand the situation.

your friend in bluetooth,

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Newbie
pominoz
0 Kudos

I am getting the same sync issues.  Mine fails at 1% when I get the message that the Jambox may not be in working condiition.  The Jambox is only 2 months old.

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi pominoz,

Thanks for writing in the Jawbone Forums. We are finding that downloads that stop at 1%, seem to be network related. While we're not sure of the exact cause, the current work around is to try your sync on another network (a friend's wifi, 3G card, etc.). Once you connect up to another network, your sync should go through.

Sorry for the inconvenience at this time.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Member
fletcher66
0 Kudos

mine wont sync, plays low, cant update, wont pair...

merry christmas