I am setting up my new Jambox which I bought yesterday. I charged it overnight and just ran the update via the MyTalk community. I have managed to set it up via Bluetooth with my Mac Pro and everything went well, there was even an audio confirmation that the pairing had been successful.
The problem is that the Jambox does not play any audio from my computer. I have just tried to play a song via iTunes and nothing happens. When I click on the song it doesn't start to play and everything remains silent. If I try to turn the volume up or down (using my Mac keyboard) it doesn't work.
When I power down the Jambox suddenly the last piece of the music I was trying to play (and all of the increase / decrease in volume pip noises) plays through the computers audio.
What am I doing wrong? The Jambox sometimes flashes white light and other times there is no light at all and you don't know if it's on or off, but Bluetooth preferences says that it is on and working. Any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for writing in. While I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the Mac to cause this issue, I'd like to start everything over fresh from the beginning to see it that helps. Try these steps:
1. Click on the Bluetooth icon in the upper right corner of your screen and click Open Bluetooth Preferences.
2. Highlight JAMBOX by Jawbone and click the "-" button.
3. Reboot your computer.
4. Factory reset the JAMBOX. Turn the JAMBOX on, click the round multifunction button 6 times in rapid succession and then click and hold the button when the led turns red (it should make a bloop bloop sound and start flashing red & white back and forth).
5. Click on the Bluetooth icon in the top right again and select Set Up Bluetooth device.
6. Once it finds it, select it and click Continue and follow the instructions.
7. Go into your Sound Preferences and select JAMBOX by Jawbone - Bluetooth Headphones
After all that, try playing your media again and see if you get better results. If it still doesn't work, give us a call at 1800-JAWBONE 6am-7pm PDT
Hey thanks JawboneJamie
this seemd to work for me for now, we'll see if it reconnects when I return home tomorrow
certianly a lot of negative press around this onthe forum
but looking good for now
This didn't work for me. I did find a workable fix that I posted here:
I forgot to write in the post that you may have to turn the box on and off after plugging in the audio cable. Once unplugged it seems to work fine (until the next reboot.)
I may also not be correct about the difference between "Jambox by Jawbone" and "Jambox by Jawbone Stereo." The stereo option doesn't work for me at all (unless I remove the Jambox as a bluetooth device.)
© 2013 Jawbone.