FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!
Hello, I've been trying to connect my new Jambox to my Windows 8 PC but it never seems to detect the device.
Bluetooth driver (for Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth Adapter) seems up-to-date, even tried the troubleshooter, but still nothing...
It's working just fine with my iPhone, & I've set it up to pair with more than 1 device.
Thanks for your help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am having the same issue with windows 8 / jambox. It connects the device via bluetooth but won't let me select it as an audio playback device.... any ideas?! Connects with my wife's Macbook Pro perfectly....
This worked for me -
Check whether the Bluetooth Support Service is started by following the below steps:
a. Press Windows symbol + R keys simultaneously and type in Run, services.msc, hit Enter.
b. Right click on Bluetooth Support Service and click on Start or Restart.
So I had this problem and it took 3 Steps to fix:
Step One - PAIRING (see HERE ) thanks Shaney!
1) Turn off Jam Box.
2) Go to Device Manager in Control Panel (NOT DEVICES in Windows 8 side menu)
3) Diable the Bluetooth chip / radio
4) After it is disabled Enable it again
5) Turn on JamBox and put it in Pairing Mode
6) USING the Windows 8 DEVICES (the one you didn't use before) ADD NEW DEVICE
The Jam Box should pair. So that's good. But for me the Computer (Yoga 13 Lenovo Runnin Win 8 Pro 64 bit) just ignored it.
1) Go into Devices and Printer in Control Panel
2) Find Jambox and Double Click
3) Click SERVICES tab
4) Check all the boxs and APPLY and OK
Now The Computer is Paired with Jawbone and Recogizes it as a audio device... Good. But now it won't actually send any Audio to it!
1) Right Click on the Sound icon in the tray\
2) Choose PLAYBACK DEVICES
3) If you DO NOT see Jambox anywhere in the box that shows playback device RIGHT CLICK and check "Show Disabled" Devices.
4) If it shows Jam Box but the green check is NOT on it but on your regular speakers you have have to ENABLE the Jambox. But sometimes Right Click on Jambox and ENABLE does nothing.
5) If ENABLE on Jambox does nothing you have to DISABLE the onboard speakers the Jambox should wake the **Shhh** up and take over the connection.
This is how I did it. Your results and experiences may differ. Good Luck!
I have a DELL INSPIRION 15R 5537 with the updated DELL WIRELESS 1705 BLUETOOTH device. I followed some methods listed here but my problem is that it works in connecting the big jambox to my computer, it is also recognizing it as a headset but NOT as an AUDIO DEVICE.
I have tried the un-checking the boxes and checking them again at the properties in many varitions and still nothing. It connects normally until I click connect as audio device, when I hit the connect button it loads for a while and then goes back to the way it was. I can hit this button a million times but nothing and I am getting frustrated.
Also tried mikes solution but it still does not show up in the playback devices, not even as a deactivated device of disconnected device. I ran out of ideas.
oh and also tried the solution with the disableing and enableing the bluetooth in the device manager. Still nothing...
please help me as soon as possible
thank you in advance,
© 2013 Jawbone.