JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
santiagozak
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Jambox not pairing with Windows 8 PC

Hello, I've been trying to connect my new Jambox to my Windows 8 PC but it never seems to detect the device.

Bluetooth driver (for Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth Adapter) seems up-to-date, even tried the troubleshooter, but still nothing...

It's working just fine with my iPhone, & I've set it up to pair with more than 1 device.

Thanks for your help!

Santiago

Jawbone Newbie
researchadam
0 Kudos

Re: Jambox not pairing with Windows 8 PC

I am having the same issue with windows 8 / jambox.  It connects the device via bluetooth but won't let me select it as an audio playback device....  any ideas?!  Connects with my wife's Macbook Pro perfectly....

Jawbone Newbie
tucsonjhall
0 Kudos

Same here. Have tried all suggestions I can find on Google. Only on Windows PC Windows 8 that it pairs but remains not connected forever.
Jawbone Newbie
mfelicio
0 Kudos

Yes. If you installed Windows 8 over a previous Windows version, you may have lost the Bluetooth software pre-installed in your computer. For me, the Jambox worked after I installed the following: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Hope it helps!
Jawbone Member
ghhoyl
0 Kudos

This worked for me -

Method 1:

Check whether the Bluetooth Support Service is started by following the below steps:

a. Press Windows symbol + R keys simultaneously and type in Run, services.msc, hit Enter.

b. Right click on Bluetooth Support Service and click on Start or Restart.

ghhoyl
Jawbone Newbie
mikehaddon

So I had this problem and it took 3 Steps to fix:

Step One  - PAIRING (see HERE ) thanks Shaney!

1)  Turn off Jam Box.

2) Go to Device Manager in Control Panel (NOT DEVICES in Windows 8 side menu)

3) Diable the Bluetooth chip / radio

4) After it is disabled Enable it again

5) Turn on JamBox and put it in Pairing Mode

6) USING the Windows 8 DEVICES (the one you didn't use before) ADD NEW DEVICE

The Jam Box should pair.  So that's good.  But for me the Computer (Yoga 13 Lenovo Runnin Win 8 Pro 64 bit) just ignored it.

STEP TWO

1) Go into Devices and Printer in Control Panel

2) Find Jambox and Double Click

3) Click SERVICES tab

4) Check all the boxs and APPLY and OK

Now The Computer is Paired with Jawbone and Recogizes it as a audio device... Good.  But now it won't actually send any Audio to it!

STEP THREE

1) Right Click on the Sound icon in the tray\

2) Choose PLAYBACK DEVICES

3) If you DO NOT see Jambox anywhere in the box that shows playback device RIGHT CLICK and check "Show Disabled" Devices.

4) If it shows Jam Box but the green check is NOT on it but on your regular speakers you have have to ENABLE the Jambox.  But sometimes Right Click on Jambox and ENABLE does nothing.

5) If ENABLE on Jambox does nothing you have to DISABLE the onboard speakers the Jambox should wake the **Shhh** up and take over the connection.

This is how I did it.  Your results and experiences may differ. Good Luck!

Mike

Jawbone Newbie
Loris
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Mike.

It is finally working! That's an amazing explanation!

Thanks again,

Loris

Jawbone Newbie
nancymk
0 Kudos

In step one I don't see bluetooth on either of my Windows 8 computers. What is it under? Thanks

Jawbone Newbie
leilajaradi
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I have a DELL INSPIRION 15R 5537 with the updated DELL WIRELESS 1705 BLUETOOTH device. I followed some methods listed here but my problem is that it works in connecting the big jambox to my computer, it is also recognizing it as a headset but NOT  as an AUDIO DEVICE. 

I have tried the un-checking the boxes and checking them again at the properties in many varitions and still nothing. It connects normally until I click connect as audio device, when I hit the connect button it loads for a while and then goes back to the way it was. I can hit this button a million times but nothing and I am getting frustrated. 

Also tried mikes solution but it still does not show up in the playback devices, not even as a deactivated device of disconnected device. I ran out of ideas. 

oh and also tried the solution with the disableing and enableing the bluetooth in the device manager. Still nothing... 

please help me as soon as possible

thank you in advance, 

Leila

Jawbone Member
WardXmodem
0 Kudos

Re: Jambox not pairing w/W8 PC (corrections)

WONDERFUL answer, mikehaddon - thanks a lot!

I'm running Windows 8 pre Windows 8.1, and your steps DID work for me without the extra "services" etc part.

I'd add one word to the bluetooth "thingie" name: 3) Di(s)able the Bluetooth chip / radio (Adding...) / adapter

Also when you mention "Devices", I had to use Control Panel "Devices and Printers".
Perhaps this is because I don't have the Side Menu enabled.

P.S. this is a SUPERB "bulletin board", it even corrected my aging but correct html from [i] to [em] etc.
/Ward Christensen, inventor of Xmodem, (& with HW Guru Randy Suess) Bulletin Board Systems (BBSs)