JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
MarKnigge

Jambox won't turn on and does not respond

Hello!

I just bought my Jambox last week, I charged it and it played well for a long time. Yesterday the battery was low, so I plugged it in to charge it. I charged it for about 3 hours. Today, I turned it on to use it as a speakerphone, it worked fine again, but after i hung up and turned the Jambox off, I haven't been able to turn it on again.

It does not respond when I turn it on, there is no light, no sound and the buttons on top doesn't do anything either. 

What should I do? Is it dead or can I restore it somehow?

Mark

Jawbone Newbie
ElinWikberg
0 Kudos

Re: Jambox won't turn on and does not respond

Hi!

I had the same problems with my Jambox. You should try resetting it, it worked for me.

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 505
Solutions: 410
0 Kudos

HI MarKnigge,

Thank you for posting on the forum! First, I suggest that you perform a reset on your JAMBOX if you have not already done so. If that doesn't help, plug it in to your computer and go to MyTALK. Does the updater recognize it at all and do any lights turn on?

Thanks,

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Member
MarKnigge
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response!

I tried to perform the reset on my JAMBOX, but I can't do it because the light does not come on.

I also tried to plug it in to my Mac and go to MyTALK, but it does not connect and absolutely NO lights turn on..

Mark

Jawbone Newbie
cocomamba
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue - my jambox seems to be completely dead. I've charged it for a full day and it's not responding to anything. I cannot turn it on so I can't reset it and when I plug it in and go to MyTalk, it's not recognized. What should I do?

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 505
Solutions: 410
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your JAMBOX is totally unresponsive, I suggest that you contact our Support Team. Getting a replacement unit may be the next step.

Thanks!

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Newbie
Romparoo
0 Kudos

I am having the same trouble as the thread topic title...Jambox wont power on, does not respond.

The charging light does not turn on when plugged into charger.

I am at a total lose on what to do.  I purchased this last October, so it is still in it's 1 year warranty window, but am hoping that perhaps I just need to do something "simple" to fix this issue without having to ship and return it.

Any help or suggestions?

Jawbone Newbie
Romparoo

A soft reset did the trick!  Thank you John at customer service.  And thank you Jawbone for the quick email.  Very happy that I do not need to ship this to Jawbone!!!

Jawbone Newbie
flaming_amy
0 Kudos

I bought my jambox last month and have used it twice before this happened. Nothing happens at all when I charge or try and turn on. Any help greatly appreciated. 

I can't perform a reset and nothing happens when I plug it in to charge. 

Is there a UK customer service number?

Jawbone Newbie
theboyboy415
0 Kudos

how do i do a soft reset? since it wont respond when i plug it in with my mac to mytalk!