JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Member
meadow
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Linking Jambox with PC

i have successfully paired with bluetooth the Jambox with my PC, but cannot find Jambox as an audio device in the contol planning  -  sound / playback / recording section.  Any ideas?    (Jambox worked ok with Blackberry on bluetooth)

Jawbone Member
telkinvaga
0 Kudos

Re: Linking Jambox with PC

I'm having the same issue, it won't connect via bluetooth to any of my PC's.  Can't find the right bluetooth peripheral driver.  Jawbone should definitely be providing those drivers for download.

Jawbone Member
ea_jonno
0 Kudos

Sorry if I sound rude but that's just not good enough, I do not have the time to call a number when I know (and you know) what the problem is.

The problem is that Windows cannot find the proper device drivers for the JAMBOX, which, at the very least, should have been provided on a CD (the JAMBOX has a flash memory, why not put it on that?), for $249AU, I expected more.

My specific problem is that I can pair it fine, but cannot use it, (Running Windows 7), Windows comes up with an error after adding it. Under the "Jambox by Jawbone" hardware properties it has an excamation mark next to two "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" Listings, Manufacturer: Unknown, Location: on Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Device Status: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28).

Please provide a link to fix, not a phone number so I can sit on hold and speak to somebody who might not have a clue how to help, and then probably have to wait for the drivers to be sent to me.

I was offered to stock this item in my shop by my supplier, liking the design and so-called features I bought one to test it out, but if I'm going to get customers coming back with these kind of issues to ask me for help, you can forget about it.

Jawbone Newbie
dcharb
0 Kudos

Terrible Answer.

There is a Fix or there isn't.  Calling had to waste my time leaving a message.  There should be a FAQ as i imagine this is a highly repeatble issue with a simple fix.  If there is no current Fix you should State as much.  Subpar customer service.  I love the JamBox, not in love with your customer care.

Jawbone Member
Giac
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem with a Sony Vaio Z1 laptop (Bluetooth standard Ver. 2.1+EDR, 2.4GHz ISM band (2.400GHz - 2.4835GHz)

Max. approx. 10m (open space)). It pairs but does not show up as an audio device, even though it pairs and works with my iPhone. I see the device icon but when I right click on Controls nothing happens. I would like to use Jambox with Skype to do conference calls but it does not show up as an audio mike/speaker device. 

I have spent 10 days now trying to find a solution with the help of Jawbone's and Sony's support staf, who have been very supportive I must say. It is clearly a software problem. I deinstalled reinstalled all latest drivers from Sony (http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VPCZ11Z9E_B&l=fr_CH and http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/388550#downloadScrollable). The latest Broadcom software cannot validate the device (http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php) unfortunately. It would be great to have an older version of that software to see if it works but I cannot find any.

I am very sad, few tech problems resist me and this one is really testing... ;-(

Jawbone Newbie
Bergerac56
0 Kudos

I second that. Just wanted to use my new jambox with a PC (Asus WIN7 64b) and it does not find the drivers. This is very disappointing for a device costing 200€ in my country!

Jawbone Newbie
mfjv4
0 Kudos

I agree with many others on this thread.. If Jawbone is aware of the problem regarding audio driver configuration with PC, they should include all driver, configuration and instructions avaiable at the time of purchase. This is not an inexpensive device, especially when compared to the many <$100 devices that come with drivers needed to be configured. 

I had wanted to advise many of my customers about the utility of Jawbone Jambox.. at this time, it is more "Futility".. 

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Hi mfjv4, et al;

Thanks for your posts and I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues.

The drivers that you need are not from the Jawbone, these are drivers for the specific Bluetooth program on your computer. In fact, these are pieces of software made by the manufacturer of your computer specifically, so there is no way that we could include a CD or other driver device information for every computer system out there.

The reason that we ask Customers to call us to get this resolved, is because our Customer Care team for MyTalk is willing to help locate the files that you need from your manufacturer to get this set up. We definitely want to help get you set up, and that is why we are willing to go this extra mile, however this is not an issue with any Jawbone headset, nor is this something that we here at Jawbone can control. We do understand your frustrations and want to help get these issues resolved right away.

I hope that explanation helps, please feel free to private message me, or give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE, and we will be happy to contact your computer manufacturer to find those device drivers.

Best,

JawboneEmma

Jawbone Member
chambolle
0 Kudos

old.Re: Linking Jambox with PC

I have a Sony Vaio VPCZ1 laptop, about a year old. I have a jambox, about three months old.  I've been using it with a wired connection to the headphone output and decided to try the bluetooth mode to give myself a bit more freedom to move around the house with streaming mlb.com baseball audio and rhapsody music.  I have no particular technical proficiency whatsoever.  Turned the jambox on, it said it wanted to pair, I searched for it by clicking the bluetooth icon in the desktop tray, and within about 45 seconds, the device appeared in my list of bluetooth devices, the driver self-installed, and the audio fired up on the jambox.

So what am I missing here?  I don't see why all this opprobrium has been heaped on jambox.  The darned thing apparently has been carefully designed to be easy to use, even for an idiot like me, and it works just fine with minimum effort.  Apparently there are some out there even more clueless than I, for whom the device will not work, not matter how easy to use.  Apparently the same folks are far more willing to blame others for their difficulties and far less willing to actually addres their issue.  They complain for the sake of complaining.

If you can't bother to make a phone call to figure out why your device doesn't work, don't blame anyone but yourself for your problem.  What's with that?  "I want help, I don't want to take the time to obtain the help, but I have plenty of time to bitch about my problems." Well, then there's nothing to be done.  Return your device and move on with your life.  But if you can't spare the time and energy to allow the manufacturer to address your issue, then don't blame the manufacturer and its customer support crew.

Jawbone Member
Tripower455
0 Kudos

Re: old.Re: Linking Jambox with PC

chambolle wrote:

I have a Sony Vaio VPCZ1 laptop, about a year old. I have a jambox, about three months old.  I've been using it with a wired connection to the headphone output and decided to try the bluetooth mode to give myself a bit more freedom to move around the house with streaming mlb.com baseball audio and rhapsody music.  I have no particular technical proficiency whatsoever.  Turned the jambox on, it said it wanted to pair, I searched for it by clicking the bluetooth icon in the desktop tray, and within about 45 seconds, the device appeared in my list of bluetooth devices, the driver self-installed, and the audio fired up on the jambox.

So what am I missing here?  I don't see why all this opprobrium has been heaped on jambox.  The darned thing apparently has been carefully designed to be easy to use, even for an idiot like me, and it works just fine with minimum effort.  Apparently there are some out there even more clueless than I, for whom the device will not work, not matter how easy to use.  Apparently the same folks are far more willing to blame others for their difficulties and far less willing to actually addres their issue.  They complain for the sake of complaining.

If you can't bother to make a phone call to figure out why your device doesn't work, don't blame anyone but yourself for your problem.  What's with that?  "I want help, I don't want to take the time to obtain the help, but I have plenty of time to bitch about my problems." Well, then there's nothing to be done.  Return your device and move on with your life.  But if you can't spare the time and energy to allow the manufacturer to address your issue, then don't blame the manufacturer and its customer support crew.

I don't think these folks are more clueless than you are are. They have different systems. I'm glad it worked for you with minimal effort. 

FWIW, I have the same issue as the above folks, did EXACTLY what you did, several times, and it doesn't work. 

It'll pair with no problem, but doesn't show up on the list of available audio devices, nor is there any way to "connect" it via the bluetooth settings. Every other blutooth device I've ever used with this PC has worked flawlessly, btw. 

It goes through the missing driver update rigamarole, which, of course, does nothing, and prompts me to visit the manufacturer's website to get them. 

Calling the service number now......