JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Newbie
hkboxster
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

My brand new Jawbox will not turn on

I just got this for about a week and was loving it..Then all of a sudden it will not turn on.  I tried to recharge it, but still noting seems to work.

Is there a reset or is it just a bad unit?

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Re: My brand new Jawbox will not turn on

I'm very sorry to hear your JAMBOX has suddenly stopped responding!

Please give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE to resolve this right away.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Jawbone Newbie
lovemusic
0 Kudos

Hi

I am now having the same difficulty with my Jawbone by Jawbox.  It has been working but now it does not turn on or show it is charging.

Did you get a respond back from the company with your Jawbox?  If yes did they help you solve the problem?

thanks!

ss
Jawbone Newbie
ss
0 Kudos

Same issue. Very dissapointed and pissed that my 200 buck jawbox is now a brick.

Since you clearly have an issue with the box -  why arent you posting this issue and resolution.

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

Hi SS, et all -

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the Jambox. Since there are a number of issues why your Jambox may not be in working order, it is best to talk with us directly, so that we can troubleshoot your specific issues.

If you would like, please send me a Private note and I would be happy to set up a call for you with one of our MyTalk reps!

Or, you can always call us at 800-JAWBONE and get help right away!

Best,

JawboneEmma

Jawbone Member
Clouchi
0 Kudos

Possible solution:

I had the same problem today. I purchased the Era approximately three weeks ago and it died today. I tried the reset options on this page: http://forums.jawbone.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Tips/How-do-you-reset-the-ERA/td-p/7822

and it's charging now, haven't yet tried it but at least it seems alive now.

Good luck.

Jawbone Newbie
zanvetto
0 Kudos

Jambox wont turn on - NEW JAMBOX

Hello.

I jush received my new JamBox. I unpacked it, test it with the battery charge that came and worked fine. I plugged it to the wall, the red light started blinking, wait like two hours, the light changed to solid white and when I unplugged the Jambox, it does not turn on!.

Please help.

Thank you.

Jawbone Member
hutch

, charge Re: Jambox wont turn on - NEW JAMBOX

Had similar issue, purchase jambox today in HK charged it up without an issue, went out for dinner came back home tested the Jambox and it's a brick now..

Option 1 (didn't work for me - but is listed elsewhere)

I read the following reset advise elsewhere, I attempted this approach without success;

1. hold down talk button (keep it held down), then

2. insert power (either via mains power or usb power)

3. release talk button

Option 2 (after playing around with key combos I stumbled upon this method - however I'm not 100% certain how many times I hit talk)

1. take power out of Jambox

2. ensure Jambox is switched off

3. hit talk button 6 or 7 times

4. insert power

5. turn jambox on

Appears these devices are somewhat fragile and subject to failure.

I'm due back in the UK next week and wonder if I should return the device I purchased in HK, for fear of it developing a further fault and being unable to return it to the reseller..

Great device when it works, but appears really flaky/sensitive.. perhaps it will need continous resets ??

Jawbone Newbie
mmemichi
0 Kudos

Re: , charge Re: Jambox wont turn on - NEW JAMBOX

@hutch: Thanks - you saved my good day! :-) The first option worked for me to resolve my problem! God I'm happy now! :-)

Jawbone Newbie
gustavomarin
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue, check the youtube video to see exactly what is happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj4ftE0L-cs

Anyone knows how to fix this "awesome" device?