I can not adjust the volume on the Jambox while connected via bluetooth, I can only do so on my phone. I can adjust the volume while connected via the audio cable via the jambox. Right now the volume is really low and my jambox is pretty useless.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your JAMBOX. In order for me to better help you, I have a few questions:
1. What device specifically is connected to your JAMBOX?
2. Have you updated your JAMBOX with the latest software?
3. Do you hear the volume beeps from the JAMBOX when connected via Bluetooth?
Let me know,
1. It is a Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon
2. It is updated to the latest software.
3. I do not hear the volume beeps, the volume is fixed and can only be adjusted via the phone. The talk button works if I press that however.
I have a similar issue. Using a Galaxy Nexus, (or pairing with my MacBook Pro), it seems the JamBox transmits 2 different bluetooth profiles (headset and headphones, or something like that). When paired with one, which I imagine is primarily for the speakerphone services, various strange behaviors occur, inconsistently: (1) although the devices are paired and connected, I either get sound from the phone instead of the jambox, or (2) the phone appears to be playing, but there is no sound from it or the jambox, (3) also, when connected to one of the two profiles, I lose control of the volume controls on the jambox. Oddly, there doesn't seem to be any consistency from event to event. Presently, I have music streaming well to the device, and the volume on the jambox wasn't working until 2 mins ago, then suddenly started working.
I have the same issue. I'm also using the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I cannot control the volume on the Jambox when I'm connected via Bluetooth. The Talk button works, but not the volume. My Jambox is updated to the latest software. I would love a solution to this issue...
To restore your BIG JAMBOX to the original factory settings, follow the instructions below.
1. Turn OFF your JAMBOX.
2. Turn OFF or disable Bluetooth on all paired devices.
3. Turn ON your JAMBOX.
4. Wait for LED to blink white.
5. Press the TALK button (Circular button with a J in the Center) 6 times in quick succession.
6. The LED will turn solid red for approximately 6 seconds.
While the LED is solid red, press and hold the TALK button until the LED blinks red and white.
© 2013 Jawbone.