JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Newbie
TRASHCAN
0 Kudos

Windows 7 x64 usb drivers?

Hi,

I have recently purchased a jambox and found it to be a fantastic product, my problem lies with trying to connect and update with mytalk using my pc and laptop, with the jambox turned off when i connect it to the computer(s) it shows up as an unknown device, I have the jawbone updater software installed and have tried to load the drivers that come along with it, after being advised to do so by the UK support team, though my computer(s) inform me that they are not compatible with either the jambox or the x64 system, I also tried booting my pc in x86 modeand tried installing the drivers but got a similar message, I've tried everthing suggested on this forum so now am at a loss as how to proceed hopefully someone here can help.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

Jawbone Member
Roberto
0 Kudos

Re: Windows 7 x64 usb drivers?

I got the same issue, .... any advices...

Jawbone Ace
JawboneJaimie
0 Kudos

Hi TRASHCAN,

Thanks for writing in. When you plug the Jambox into the computer the drivers from the Updater should install automatically. In your system tray in the bottom right corner of your screen you should have gray "J" icon. When you plug in the Jambox and the drivers load that icon turns black. I think one of 2 things is happening, either you don't have the Updater running or there's an issue with the cable. If you don't see the gray J then click on Start->All Programs->Jawbone->Jawbone Updater and then you should see it. If it's already running then try using the other cable that came with the Jambox and see if the J turn black now.

Hopefully one of those 2 things does the trick but let us know if it still gives you trouble.

JawboneJaimie

Jawbone Newbie
TRASHCAN
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I seem to have made some progress by using a USB cable that came with my HTC phone, Windows then automatically installed a driver for an HID compliant device, I tried to manually install the drivers from the Jawbone directory but Windows declared that the proper device drivers were installed, the upshot of this is that MYTalk still doesn't recognise the device.

Any more ideas?

Andy

Jawbone Nerd
Inky

Andy,

Did you have to connect your Jambox several times, plugging and unplugging it via usb? 

It may be as simple as going into your device manager and deleting out the ! marked devices.  

Sometimes you can use a different USB port and get results but I think this might be a case where WIndows is confused.   Try right clicking MyComputer, then selecting Manage.  When the dialog opens look for any !'s in yellow triangles under the Device Manager.   I think you will find several that are interfering with the Jambox.   you can delete the offending ! devices and reboot the computer,  Make sure the Jambox is unplugged before rebooting.   once you are back up, then plug in the usb connector and see if that does not clear things up. 

M. 

Jawbone Newbie
zhorx
0 Kudos

Hi, I've got the same issue with my win7 x64 computer, it detects the Big Jambox as an HID compliant device and I've got not yellow triangles or bangs in my device manager. Moreover, when I delete the devices from the device manager, and reconnect the usb cable, it says installing drivers and you can check the status. Strangly enough, in that status window it sees the device as the bigjambox. When the driver install finishes, it is still seen as an HID compliant device. What gives?

Jawbone Nerd
Inky

Zhorx,

I do noit have a BIGJAMBOX just yet, I am sorry I cannot help.  

all I can suggest is use the add and remove software to remove the updater, then reinstall. 

one other question,   Are you using an direct usb connector or a usb hub to connect your Jambox?   It might make a difference.    Esp if the Hub is not powered.   

M

Jawbone Newbie
olddog
0 Kudos

I have an HP TouchSmart with Windows 7 (no native Buetooth) and just installed a Jawbone Jambox with a Belkin Bluetooth dongle. Installed okay and paired okay, but the computer couldn't get sound to it (it did show up on the control panel). Found a solution by getting the Jambox to run in Vista compatibility mode and got sound, but very poor sound streaming music. Ultimately found website for Broadcom, supplier of the driver. With the jambox connected via the Belkin dongle, downloaded update from Broadcom website (download was the install software for the new driver). Had to uninstall the old driver (version 6.0.1.6300) per the downloaded setup program, and it then installed new driver from Broadcom (version 6.5.1.2700), and it's all running great! Cool little device that Jambox.