JAMBOX

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

JAMBOX
Jawbone Newbie
lisabagg
0 Kudos

jambox paired with bluetooth, no sound

[ Edited ]

I have an iPhone 3.1.3, and it is paired with my Jambox. And while I can get other audio from my phone to play through the Jambox, none of my music will play. It defaults to playing through the phone speakers, which is not at all satisfying. Please help!

*A moderator has edited the title of this post so that members of the community can find it more easily.

Jawbone Newbie
lisabagg
0 Kudos

Re: jambox paired with bluetooth on iphone, but no sound!

Bump

JawboneGeoffrey
0 Kudos

Thank you for reaching out to us about this Iphone 3 and Jambox playback discrepancy, lisabagg. Let me help you.

What is happening here is that your Iphone, though paired and connected with your Jambox, does not know to use the Jambox as its default output source for A2DP (bluetooth audio streaming). Here's what you want to do: when you are trying to stream a song from your playlist on your Iphone there will be a small box to touch on the right of your audio playback controls (play, pause, next song, previous song). This box will bring up your audio input/output menu where you may select your Iphone's speakers or any paired A2DP compatible device (such as our Jambox) to stream the audio. Select the Jambox and you should be experiencing crisp sounds and intimidating volume for all of your songs.

Or if this fix is not attainable, try un-pairing your Jambox from your Iphone:
1.) Turn off the Jawbone Jambox
2.) Go into your phone/tablet/computer's bluetooth settings, making sure bluetooth is on, go to its list of paired devices and "un-pair", "delete", or "forget" the Jawbone Jambox (this is phrased differently depending on your device)
3.) Repeat step 2 for each device you've paired the Jambox to.
3.) Power down your phone/tablet/computer and remove its battery for 20 seconds to reconfigure your phone's bluetooth, or in the case of a computer, simply shut it down.
4.) Power up the phone/computer/tablet; leave the Jawbone Jambox off.

And then re-pair:
5.) Put the Jambox into pairing mode by pressing the on/off toggle switch into the utmost position. The audio should voice, "Jambox is in pairing mode". The LED should begin flashing red & white.
6.) Go into your phone's bluetooth settings, making sure bluetooth is on, and have it run a search for nearby devices.
7.) Add, or "pair" the Jambox when it appears in the nearby device list. If asked for a passkey, it is 0000
8.) The two should auto-connect; if they do not, have your phone manually connect to the Jambox.

My hope is that this helps you experience your Jambox to the fullest!
Your friend in bluetooth,
Jawbone Geoffrey

Jawbone Newbie
jasonsmithnz
0 Kudos

I have a brand new Jambox and when i pair and try playing through bluetooth all i seem to get it static/interferance.

Have tried un pairing re pairing etc, i will only work when the audio cable is plugged in.

Any suggestions?
Or do i just take it back for a replacement?

JawboneGeoffrey
0 Kudos

I'm sorry about that abnormal situation you're going through, jasonsmithnz. We want to discuss this with you personally, because we are concerned. Do you mind getting a hold of us at 1-(800)-JAWBONE/1-(800)-529-2663 to discuss this? You may also submit a web form by going to our "contact us" link at the bottom of any of our pages and filling out the necessary fields; or, you may submit an email in reply to any of the previous agents that have helped you.

We look forward to assisting you.
Your friend in bluetooth,
Jawbone Geoffrey

Jawbone Newbie
raindog13
0 Kudos

Thanks Jawbone Geoffrey,

Rebooting the iphone did the trick!

Jawbone Member
thilanna

Re: jambox paired with Bluetooth on iphone, but no sound!

Hi Geoffrey,

I bought my Jambox today and I had the same problem ( jambox paired with Bluetooth on iphone, but no sound! ). After the first charge of the Jambox the sound didn't works anymore ( before the first charge that I paired with my iphone and the sound works ).

I tried update the Jawbox but the problem continue.

I did the procedure that you indicated 3 times but didn't work, so at this moment I can't use my Jambox with my IPhone4 in Bluetooth mode.

- I can pair with my computer and the sound works.
- I can pair with my IPAD but the sound didn't works.
- I can pair with my Iphone but the sound didn't works. But I can answer a call with sound without problems.
- The Jambox works with cable connect in my Iphone 4.

Another important thing, after paired the Jambox with my iphone, I turn on the music on iphone or any program with sound, at this moment the LED starts to blink in white  ( is this status that Jambox is trying to connect in my Iphone correct ? ) and I can hear only noise.

Is it possible reset the Jawbox or downgrade version?

Please, help me!

Regards

Thiago

Jawbone Member
jflukinger
0 Kudos

>>>Jawbone Geoffrey,

In regards to your tech tips... What if when I go into pairing mode, the led flashes red and white but does NOT tel me it is in pairing mode??? I have had this for a week now and its been ok late at night listening to coast to coast am. Now? no. It seems that once it pairs with iphone 4s, ipad2, (have to check one the 3gs

Jawbone Member
ianfcann
0 Kudos

jasonsmithnz... did Jawbone solve your issue?

I think I have the exact same problem, and I would be interested to know what they told you.

Thanks

Jawbone Member
chestnut
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue as jasonsmithnz as well can connect devices with cable but over bluetooth all I here is garble and white noise. I have used a roomates jambox extensively so I do not believe this is user error.