LIVING UP

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

LIVING UP
Jawbone Enthusiast
anita
Accepted Solution

Ankle Wear

Does anyone know if it would be ok to wear the device on the ankle?

Jawbone Member
Laurencewayne

Re: Ankle Wear

Anita- I have tested ankle wear for two days, on my treadmill and it worked perfectly. Very accurate step counting. I did need to wear over my sock as it began to rub.
Jawbone Ace
Thor
0 Kudos

In fact I think wearing it on your ankles will be more accurate than wearing on your wrist. Just make sure u choose a big size as the UP band is horizontally oval in shape and so is our wrist but our ankles are more rounded.
Jawbone Enthusiast
Rhaamses

I agree, but my ankle is thicker than my risk wrist, so I generally take the cap off and thread the band through my shoelaces. I do this when biking and on the elliptical. One of my older bands freaked out when I placed it on my ankle under a sweatband. 

Jawbone Enthusiast
anita
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who responded.  Now I just have to decide whether to get a larger size for my ankle or stick to the wrist.  Glad to know it works on the ankle.  Wearing the device on my non-dominant arm would put in on the same arm as my watch.  Really don't want to do that.

Mel Jawbone Enthusiast
Jawbone Enthusiast
Mel
0 Kudos

Anita, I've been wearing it with my watch and haven't found it to be bothersome. Haven't tried it on my ankle for cycling, though. Will have to give it a try.
Jawbone Enthusiast
bla891

Anita.  I wore the v.1 all the time for Spinning class and road cycling.  It worked fine, and seem to register rougly the same steps as the Fuelband and Fitbit when worn on the ankle.  It is very nice to be able to count your rides.   I think I had ordered a size larger than needed for that very purpose.  

Jawbone Enthusiast
anita
0 Kudos

Good to know - thank you!  Waiting for the Hunter Green to even get started.  Hope my patience holds out.  Really don't want the colors available right now.

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 465
Solutions: 412

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Just to clarify, UP is designed to be worn on the wrist of your non-dominant hand for best tracking results, so we recommend users wear it on the wrist.  However, some users have experimented with wearing their UP bands in their pockets, bags, or on their ankles during specific activities.  Feel free to experiment and determine what meets your satisfaction.

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Nerd
Xicaque
0 Kudos

That is all good Alex, but what about when I want to ride my bike? Maybe on the Jawbone 3.0?
Rob