LIVING UP

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

LIVING UP
Jawbone Member
delmonteherrera

Cap issues with new Jawbone Up

I am very exited to start using my Jawbone Up to keep track of my work-out and daily routine.

Today I wore it for the first time for the gym and to play basketball.

One great thing was that it was not uncomfortable, the bad part was that the cap came off during my first game.

I am afraid I will lose the cap rather soon since I always play basketball after lifting weights and the chance that I will hear or see it like I did today is unlikely. Does anyone know if Jawbone will be providing replacement caps? 

Jawbone Ace
Thor
0 Kudos

Re: Cap issues with new Jawbone Up

nope it's $9 a cap to buy a new one and the best workaround is that just remove the cap and keep it in your pocket during the game.There wont be any change in functionality or fitting during that period
JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 479
Solutions: 413

[ Edited ]

delmonteherrera,

This is a great question! Your first replacement cap is at no cost to you. Just contact our Support Team and they will send one out. 

Additional caps are available for purchase on our eStore.

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Newbie
mmccrimmon

Is there any consideration to design a cap that stays attached to the UP band?  I have had mine a week and it has come of 10 times already, and unfortunately after finding it nine times, the last time it came off I have yet to find it... 

I think that the device is too high a quality to have a part that comes off so easily... note I was not working out or doing anything extra ordinary.  I was working at my desk and my sleeve brushed up against the device.

Thanks.

Mike

Jawbone Member
MrsShim

Hi!

I am also concerned with the quality of the cap. While mine doesn't have a habit of falling off, I have noticed that the rubberized coating is coming off at the edges already (I have only had my Up Band for about a week.) Condering the price I paid for my Band, I would think that they would have taken better care to ensure the rubberized coating on the cap would last longer than a week.

Jawbone Newbie
tarzanphan60

I concur with the other comments.  I've had my Up for 6 days now and lost the cap 10 times.  Simple things like removing my coat in a restaurant or brushing up against things.  Considering I just had surgery and am hobbling around in a boot - trying to backtrack to find the cap is a pain. 

For the price we pay for this device, there should either be a better solution or we should be provided with caps for $1 or less each, not $3+ each.

This might be the one thing that makes me reconsider this device.  I really don't want to worry during a marathon or ultramarathon if I will lose the cap.

Can we just use it without the cap all the time?

Jawbone Nerd
JohnnyS
0 Kudos

Over a week and my cap has never come off accidentally.

You can where it without the cap. It will retain the water resistance. The cap is only for comfort and aesthetics.
Jawbone Enthusiast
jsrawa

I think a screw on style cap would help prevent this but who knows, maybe it would just screw off with time.....
Jawbone Newbie
jmueller75

Agreed. I've had mine less than a week and the cap's rubberized coating is completely gone where the band rubs against the cap. If I am to where something 24/7, meaning sometimes while dressed up. I want it to look nice. $3 bucks is ridiculous, especially when it's a quality control issue, but even when it's a user loss issue.

Jawbone Newbie
socaljim
0 Kudos

I, too, and disappointed with the quality of the cap.  I love the product (I purchased both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 product during launch week) but after six weeks of wear, I noticed the cap fitting became looser and looser, and today it must have fallen off at some point through my relatively normal day.  

The cap issue is not exactly a deal-breaker, but it's certainly a big disappointment and inconsistent with the level of care and detail in other aspects of the product.