FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

LIVING UP
Jawbone Enthusiast
gbxr2
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Fitting Up 2.0

Hi,

First off, I'm really excited UP was re-released. I have been waiting since last year to get one, and it just so happens to be my birthday tomorrow. My only question is about fitting. Since I am going to order it tomorrow, when hopefully the other colors are released, I will be needing to fit the band before trying it on. I have measured my wrist and have found that it is anywhere between 18.3 and 18.5 cm (depending on if i tighten the string a lot, or just tighten it really snugly). On a side note, I have also measured my wrist in inches and it runs between 6.7-6.9 inches. Due to the sizing cutoffs at 7 inches and 18 cm, seperately, I do not know which size to get. I know that it is supposed to be snug, but I don't know how snug it should be. Any help in that matter would be amazing. Thanks!

-Gabe

Jawbone Enthusiast
gbxr2
0 Kudos

Re: Fitting Up 2.0

CORRECTION: 17.3-17.5 cm. NOT 18
JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 487
Solutions: 411

Hi gbxr2,

Happy (almost) Birthday! We are really excited that UP is back too.

As you may guess, it's important that your band fits comfortably because you'll be wearing it all the time. Since you want to order it online, you should check out our online sizing tool. If you're between two sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Enthusiast
gbxr2
0 Kudos

According to the size guide, fit really snugly, the string I measured fits within the medium constraints by about .75 cm and .2 inches. I wear a livestrong bracelet all the time that is 20.2 cm, but it is supposed to be loose fit. So my last question is if my sized wrist (17.4 cm) counts as inbetween sizes, which would mean get the larger size, OR if it will still fit comfortably in the medium band. Thanks again for helping me with this, I'm so excited to order mine!
JawboneAlex

gbxr2,

Since your wrist is 17.4 cm, it does fall within the 15.5-18 cm range. We would recommend that you try the medium.

Let us know when you buy your UP band!

JawboneAlex

Jawbone Enthusiast
RoqABilly
0 Kudos

just curios, did the sizing change at all from v1 to v2.  I used to wear a medium until it died. Hoping to find a v2 soon and wanted to make sure I purchase the correct size.  

Thanks

JawboneAlex
0 Kudos

RoqABilly,

The sizes have not changed. If you wore a medium with the 1st Gen Band, a medium should fit perfectly with the 2nd Gen.

Thanks,
JawboneAlex

Jawbone Enthusiast
creativeguy

Suggestion: There is a plastic sizing ring on every UP package, so it is easy to test sizing in the store. It might be helpful for Jawbone to provide a PDF of those sizing rings on the online store to allow web purchasers to print, cut, and size at home.

The string method didn't work well for me. My first measurement was 7 (exactly in between M and L), and if I pulled really tight I got 7.25. I bought a large UP as suggested and it was really sloppy on my wrist (kept slipping past my wrist bone) and got caught on my cuffs. I never tried the sizing ring because I trusted the sizing instructions on the jawbone site. When I exchanged for a Medium, I did try the ring, and it fit much better. The Medium band fits great!

Jawbone Member
kimberfly9

To be honest, I wish UP came in XS (extra small) because Small is too big on me!!  But that is what I have to wear since that is the smallest I can get.  But it is quite loose.  My wrists are 13.0 cm in diameter.

Jawbone Newbie
kjducguy
0 Kudos

I just got the V2.0 and had 4 of the V1.0's that were all mediums and I checked side by side and the V2.0 is definitely bigger, mine is now loose fitting.