FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

LIVING UP
Jawbone Enthusiast
wifizone
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

UP is back on the market

[ Edited ]

Jawbone is announcing a new UP. They don't specify if it works with iPhone 5. Existing users were not notified. All of us with multiple exchanged bricked UPs have been ignored and shafted

*A moderator has edited the title of this post so that members of the community can find it more easily.

Jawbone Enthusiast
exdyrayb

Re: UP back up sale, existing users ignored.

The FAQ on the main page specifically says that it does support the iPhone 5.
As far as being ignored; what did you want? A personal phone call? A free band? You got your money back for the one you're wearing. On top of that, they continued to support it for a year even though you got your money back. If it stopped working, you got another one.
They admitted there were problems, and as far as I'm concerned, they made it right.
I'm on my 7th band. If and when it stops working, I'll go out and buy a new one. Jawbone did the right thing and they deserve credit for it.
Jawbone Member
katsinabag

I loved my original UP and have continued to use it, not-so-patiently waiting for the upgraded version.  In the meantime, I received a few emails from Jawbone asking for feedback and/or giving an update that they were working on improving the band for re-release.  I was happy to provide feedback as I figured it could only help the end result.  I can only imagine the upheaval and stress Jawbone went through with this totally unsuccessful first launch - both at a corporate level and individual employee level. 

I received an email this morning announcing the new band, with a 'special thanks' for feedback and loyalty over the past year.  My support took minimal time and I feel Jawbone's appreciation is above and beyond.  This seems to me a clear example where patience and cooperation went a lot further than complaint and negativity. 

Jawbone Member
pixelwix

i got an email this morning, telling me to fill in my address info a free complimenty up band v2. I was one of the early adopters i went through 4 of em before giving up and getting a nikefuel band. its nice to see jawbone making things right. not only did i get a refund for the orignal but they are also sending a v2 for free!!!

Jawbone Newbie
bronowyn

My only complaint about the old one (mine went all bricky and now I can't use it for the sleep function that I loved to use it for)... was the fact that the cap would occasionally fly off and twice got lost. They sent me new caps (for free), but I was hoping for an improvement on that "cap" mechanism. Perhaps a "screw on" vs. "Snap-on" cap. I also was looking forward to other colors, has anyone heard any news on when those will be out? (maybe tomorrow on the apple store?)
Jawbone Enthusiast
exdyrayb
0 Kudos

Looks like tomorrow (Nov 14) at jawbone.com and the Apple store. They say they've redesigned the cap, but I don't know if that means they went to a screw on or not. The old caps are not compatible though.
JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 505
Solutions: 410
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Jawbone Community!

We really appreciate all of your kind words, and we are so excited that UP is back.

1) We have re-designed the cap, it secures in a similar way but it stays on much better now. 

2) UP will be available in all 8 colors coming soon. We will let you know when that happens, so stay tuned! 

Check out our FAQs for more info.

Thanks,

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Apprentice
notin
0 Kudos

Love the free band, Alex! I see that right now we can only get it in "Onyx". no chance of getting a red on the free one, is there?

Jawbone Newbie
dylan927us

Hmmm, not too happy that all early adopters seemed to have gotten free 2.0 bands except for me...

JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 505
Solutions: 410

notin,

Glad to hear it! The only color we are offering is the Onyx, but we hope you'll love it.

Please keep us updated when you get your new band. :smileyhappy:

JawboneAlex
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!