FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

LIVING UP
Jawbone Member
RLBrown
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

deleting old lifetime UP data

Hi,

I first used UP last year, and then while waiting for a new band when the original failed, I had a long gap in data collection. Now that I have started again with a new band, I would like to erase the old history. Erasing data from the band does not erase the lifetime history. How can this be done?

Jawbone Enthusiast
creativeguy

Re: deleting old lifetime UP data

I think a previous post asked this and the only solution at this time is to create a new account with a different email address. Too bad.
JawboneAlex
Topics: 59
Kudos: 465
Solutions: 412
0 Kudos

RLBrown,

Creativeguy is correct, there is no way to delete an accounts data at this time. It's on our list of suggestions!

Thanks,

JawboneAlex

Giving Kudos is a great way to thank the community!

Jawbone Member
kelsangdrime1

[ Edited ]

I bought UP because I didn't like the FIT and now I find that this device is even worse!  Common sense tells anyone with it, that users might want to start over--hence the necessity of erasing old information.  

**A moderator has edited part of this post to adhere to community guidelines.

Jawbone Newbie
epicsunday
0 Kudos

I brought home an UP today and used it during the afternoon. I've synched it, and quickly discovered a week's worth of someone else's data. I thought I was buying a new device, and it seems odd that even if the device were previously used and relabeled as new retail, the least they could have done is reset ALL data. I have tried to delete lifetime data and that changed nothing. I've also found that I was able to delete the sleep activities, but no daytime activity. I really hope a hard reset and linking to a new email is not necessary. Any one else have a similar experience?

JawboneAlex
0 Kudos

epicsunday,

Where did you purchase your band? I can confirm that you have a 2nd Gen band.

JawboneAlex

Jawbone Newbie
matthewgthomas
0 Kudos

I have the same issue as the previous poster. I believe I have a 2nd gen band and purchased mine from Amazon.com. I love my band and it's encouraged me to start becoming more active. I am disappointed that when it turned up someone else had the band for a about 4 days before returning it. You really need to be able to delete old entries. The only thing dissappointing about my new band

Jawbone Member
Decisive
0 Kudos

Same here. I ordered my Jawbone UP from Amazon as a NEW unit, received it today, made a new account, and I can see timeline posts with activity from back on January 4, 2013. What gives?

JawboneAlex
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please post some screenshots of this?

JawboneAlex

Jawbone Member
Decisive
0 Kudos

As you can see from the screenshots, I just received my UP band and registered today, January 22, 2013. There are previous activity entries on January 4, 5, 7, and 8 of 2013. When i logged into my account online, I also found in an excel spreadsheet data from December 28, 2012.

photo 1 (Mobile).PNGphoto 2 (Mobile).PNG

photo 3 (Mobile).PNGphoto 4 (Mobile).PNG