MY DEVICES

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

MY DEVICES
Jawbone Nerd
oluv
0 Kudos

Re: Update bricked my Jambox - APPALLING customer service follows - very dissappointed

thanks for testing, this is interesting. so wilth liveaudio turned off the volume is even lower than with liveaudio turned on? what the...!

mmm Jawbone Member
Jawbone Member
mmm
0 Kudos

Re: Update bricked my Jambox - APPALLING customer service follows - very dissappointed

Hi everyone, ever since I got my new Jambox replacement from the Apple Store, I did not dare try the update again.  I will now choose to skip this update as losing volume would, to me, be the most detrimental thing you can do to a tiny wireless speaker.  I have read many angry comments from other posters who now wish to roll back to the previous firmware.  I hope Jawbone will release a roll-back option to those affected.  

Good luck to those who are having problems.  Despite everything that has happened, I do appreciate Jawbone's MyTalk firmware update feature, flawed as it is.  It shows a willingness to add value to a product and is a sign of quality support.

Jawbone Member
tyrone1
0 Kudos

if i were you i wouldnt update because the update destroys the volume level upper threshold. hold what you got 

Jawbone Newbie
marcfogel
0 Kudos

Re: Update bricked my Jambox - APPALLING customer service follows - very disappointed

I just bought a Jambox and it updated fine.  I did run my update on a MacBook with zero problems.  I guess Jawbone fixed or I was lucky.  Best Buy only had one left and I was told they are selling like crazy.  Yes the economy is bad but people seem to be buying cell phones and related accessories.  I have no volume issues either.  If I want it louder I turn off LiveAudio, as instructed.  I am using an iPhone 4 if that makes a difference.

Just my experience.  It is wonderful that Jawbone is reading the forum and following up with. 

The sound on this device is amazing.  Using it as a speakerphone is the best thing since sliced bread.  Callers on the other end can hear me perfectly.  I did walk in my house and my phone went dead.  It took me a second to realize my girlfriend was talking to an empty room where my Jambox was located.  My iphone paired up immediately.  It was pretty funny.  Good thing my kids weren't in the room.  It could have been embarrassing.  Ha ha

Marc

Jawbone Newbie
rbhawks22
0 Kudos

Hi All, I just did the Live Audio 2.0 update before reading the forums. CRAP! The update did not complete, so I did the reset as per instructions. My Jambox works, but locks up when trying to change the voice app. I got an error message saying the usb driver did not install correctly. The driver was already INSTALLED! when I first hooked it up! The error was given during the voice app change. I DO like the Live Audio 2.0 sound, all though the audio volume is weak. Waht the heck, Can't Ailph make firmware that works? I have to call the help line tomorrow!!!!

This is too nice a product to be having these difficulties.

Jawbone Enthusiast
AtomicOxygen
0 Kudos

"I then told him that while I understand his position, I am compelled to tweet about my negative experience with JAMBOX and Jawbone customer service.  He then said the most appalling thing possible to a customer.  He said that if I continued "threatening" him with online blogging etc, he would simply disconnect my call and I would be back to square one."

Actually, this is considered a threat, and most businesses (a perfect example is PayPal) do instruct their employees to cease communications after a designated amount of threats outlined by company policy (PayPal ceases communication after three designate threats). There's a fine line between airing your frustration and a threatening posture.

Jawbone Member
DesJardins
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Yes that can be considered a threat, glad you eventually were taken care of as these days it seems that "threats" have to be used as a scare tactic to get the service that should be given the first time.

Judging by the threads and readings of experiences is it even worth my posts regarding "adding of updates" to the software so the ringer matches the volume of music your jambox is playing at or the option to turn off the ringer?

The advanced menu options should allow you to really customize the options not just turn on and off a voice...
$200 is good money for a speaker that's a desktop luxury!
Jawbone Newbie
bcn31
0 Kudos

Any chance you can explain how to do the "hard reset". My JB bricked recently as well, possible due to the update but I'm not 100% sure that is the cause. Anyway, none of the other reset recommendations in FAQ work, and I'm wondering if there's a better way. Thanks

Jawbone Member
JayTea
0 Kudos

Not sure if you have already tried this, but what I did is.....

While holding down the Talk Button, the circular one to the left of the minus button, plug the Jambox into the charger. After it is plugged in, release the Talk Button, you should see the red light flashing like the Jambox is charging. If you have any questions let me know, hope this has helped you :smileywink:

ksm Jawbone Enthusiast
Jawbone Enthusiast
ksm
0 Kudos

Re: Update bricked my Jambox - APPALLING customer service follows - very disappointed

AN OPEN LETTER TO JAWBONE and its Fans

This entire thread is scary but does anyone know the steps to do a HARD RESET the above is a soft reset. Thanks in advance.  

I am hoping at Hard Reset may work although according to Jawbone Support team I need to ship back my unit to them for a replacement .  

Jawbone if you are out there this is my story please listen:  Also this open letter It is not a threat but the reality of living and working in a hyper connected digital and global world where people are talking about Jambox (good and bad).  We all hope to hear directly from you since after all this forum platform is provided by you.   

My story is that I received a beautiful GREEN jambox as early Xmas gift while in NYC last week.  I used it for about 2 hours in my hotel room and was blown away on how amazing it was.  I Facebooked about it which led to at least two of my friends buying one within in 24 hours, maybe more by now.   After NYC I needed to fly to Mumbai India and when I arrived I unpacked my Jambox eager to show more friends how awesome it was but it had run out of battery.  So I charged it to no avail and slowly realized after reading this forum and others on the web that something my be wrong with the unit.   After several hours of me tinkering with soft resets and other methods I read in the forums I called Jose in tech support  (Jose is awesome BTW a really solid professional).   Jose and I confirmed that my Jambox was indeed bricked and I needed a new one which I was happy to hear would be sent out to me promptly.    This is where things took a turn for the worst.  

My beautiful green Jambox was not in stock (in fact Jose was not even aware you made a green jambox it was not in his system) and I was asked if I would consider another color?  I loved the green but loved the jambox and music more and not having it was depressing me so I decided to go for Black.  But no Black, no Red, no Blue and even no Grey was available in your wharehouse.  So I figured ok I will wait for a new Green one but Jose then told me that he did not have the ability to send me a green jambox to replace my current defective Green box so I went for Black.   He then told me that Jawbone would not be able to ship the replacement Jambox for my defective unit outside of America?   I live in Singapore so that was disappointing but because I am in NYC ever two months for work I said "no issue ship it to my office in New York".  

I was then informed that I needed to ship my defective unit to you guys first before you would send out my replacement unit, I was a bit surprised since this would result in a long delay before I would be united with my awesome jambox but also because I certainly would not have spent hours on this issue and calling your support from India on my own dime to try to get a $200 jambox for free but figured hey what the heck you guy needs to protect yourselves from scammers who may do this so I got over it.  

Then I was hit with something else that I simply can not get over and please correct me if I am wrong but it now looks like I need to pay for the shipping of the defective unit from Singapore to California myself?  If that is the case why should a customer who has been provided a defective brand new unit need to pay for shipping to return the defective unit?  Also, to add insult to injury Jawbone will not ship the replacement unit to me in Singapore yet expects me to send the defective unit from Singapore to California to Jawbone?   Does that seem fair to you guys?  It is not my fault I live in Singapore nor is it my fault that my Jambox is defective but it feels like I am the one doing all the work here and I am the customer and more importantly a loyal Jawbone fan and Jawbone is a global company who sells products around the world correct?    Normally, this would not a big deal and I would have returned this to Apple (where the unit was purchased)  but since this was a gift and there is no official Apple store in Singapore I do not think this will be an option for me and need your help. 

Jawbone, please respond to this open letter which is written with the best intentions.   I see you have a loyal customer base but I also see many fans are very fustrated and in today's open web environment this fustration will grow and spread quickly.  You guys need to be part of this conversation.  You are silent on your own Forums?  Customers will continue to talk about your products (good and bad) and we all want to hear from you directly.   I really hope you can help me but also all the other loyal fans out there. 

Ball is in your court guys.  

Best personal regards

Ken