MY DEVICES

FIND ANSWERS QUICKLY!

MY DEVICES
Jawbone Member
labmousee
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

e_fw_server_download_error

Trying to update my jawbone icon, status gets to 1% and then e_fw_server_download_error error is shown. 

Any known problem with download server?

Jawbone Enthusiast
hawke75
0 Kudos

Re: e_fw_server_download_error

Yes this is a known error with the latest update . the " live audio update". Many of us have gotten this error and as a result it bricked our devices. My suggestion to you if to see if your ddevice will connect to MYTALK if it willl them do not update the device leave it just as it is. otherwise it will cease to work if you try to update any of the software on it.

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi labmousee,

Thank you for taking the time to post that problem to the forum. First let me say that if you are on a work computer behind a firewall you will want to try syncing at home. Assuming that you are on a home computer when getting this error you will want to perform a reset on your ICON and then clear the cookies from your browser before trying to sync again. You can perform a reset on your ICON following the directions at  http://aliph.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/201. If you are using Internet Explorer 9 try putting it in compatibility mode by clicking on the torn paper logo at the top of the window to the right of the address bar.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything else you can post it here or give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE (1-800-529-2663).

Have a great day!
-JawboneEmma

Jawbone Member
Savy
0 Kudos

Hi,

With reference to the mentioned error, having completed the instructions as per  your earlier reply, I am still getting the same error (d_fw_server_download_error) & the download is showing as 1%.

Is there any alternate way to update the software?

Regards,

Savio

Jawbone Newbie
bel_aube
0 Kudos

I have exaclty the same error with the Jambox. 

I tried with both Chrome and IE. 

Any chance for an update?

Jawbone Member
mojo321
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem.

Update did not complete.
Your Jawbone may not be in a working condition.
e_fw_server_download_error

Jawbone Apprentice
JawboneEmma

Hi Savy,

Thank you for posting to the Jawbone Forums. It looks like there may be an issue with the drivers loading properly in your system. The following steps should resolve the issue with the 1% sync failures on Windows systems:

1. Plug in your Jawbone/Jambox and open up your Device Manager (Win XP: Start->right-click MyComputer->Properties->Hardware->Device Manager  Win Vista/7: click Start and enter Device Manager in the search window)
2. In the Device Manager list you'll see "Jawbone Devices". Expand Jawbone Devices and right-click Jawbone ICON/ERA/JAMBOX and then select Update Driver
3. Select "Browse my computer" ("Install from a list" in Win XP) and then click Next. Select "Let me pick from a list" ("Don't search . . " in Win XP) and then click Next.
4. Click the "Have Disk" button and then click the "Browse" button and navigate to C:->Program Files->Jawbone->JBLIBUSB (Program Files (x86) on 64 bit systems)
5. Click the "Open" followed by "OK" and then "Next" and the drivers will reload
6. Sign back into your MyTalk account (mytalk.jawbone.com) and try your sync again

This should solve the issue but if you get stuck anywhere along the way or need clarification on any points give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE (1-800-529-2663).

Have a great day!
JawboneEmma

Jawbone Enthusiast
GNieuwoudt
0 Kudos

I have the same problem as reported elsewere. I have done all the steps but it did not resolve the issue. Please find out what is the solution and let us know.

Gert

Jawbone Member
mojo321
0 Kudos

Does not work !!
Jawbone Enthusiast
GNieuwoudt
0 Kudos

I am communication off line with Scott of the technical team about this issue, but is still not resolved. Have logged it now on facebook as well to detirmine how many users have this problem.